Slumpbusted Gamethread: Orioles vs White Sox

Kyyle23

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To me this is a pretty important game. If they win this one, then there is no way they can leave the Detroit series not in first place even if they get swept. I think it could do great damage to the psyche of the team if we went to Detroit and they swept us out of first place.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 07:30 AM)
To me this is a pretty important game. If they win this one, then there is no way they can leave the Detroit series not in first place even if they get swept. I think it could do great damage to the psyche of the team if we went to Detroit and they swept us out of first place.

Last time that happened, it actually had the reverse effect. If anything this team has shown it can bounce back from seemingly devastating losses

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 07:30 AM)

What about the psychological effect on Detroit? If the Sox go in there with a 3 game lead, the pressure is entirely on Detroit. They aren't likely to sweep again, but they will feel like they have to.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 08:38 AM)
What about the psychological effect on Detroit? If the Sox go in there with a 3 game lead, the pressure is entirely on Detroit. They aren't likely to sweep again, but they will feel like they have to.

I agree. Detroit knows that if the Sox have a 3 game lead going in, they cannot get swept. 6 games in September is awfully tough even with the 4 gamer they have in a couple weeks.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 09:13 AM)
Orioles fans make Sox fans look great. Average attendance the last 3 nights was 12,298 for a team that is in a playoff spot right now for the first time in years. I can't imagine there is more than 10k today for a day game.

@MDGonzales

Curious to see the size of Thursday's crowd for White Sox-Baltimore with Grand Prix preparations re-routing traffic.

We could see less than 10k today.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 09:19 AM)
@MDGonzales

Curious to see the size of Thursday's crowd for White Sox-Baltimore with Grand Prix preparations re-routing traffic.

We could see less than 10k today.

A Sox attendance post that isn't about the Sox!

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 06:34 AM)
Detroit plays night game in KC, so Sox will actually get into Detroit in advance of the series well before the Tigers.

Would be awesome if the Tigers play a 15+ inning game and lose to the Royals.

This is a big game. If Kansas City can miraculously sweep the Tigers, we will be up 4 going into Detroit with a win today. It takes a lot of pressure off the club IMO.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 11:15 AM)
This is a big game. If Kansas City can miraculously sweep the Tigers, we will be up 4 going into Detroit with a win today. It takes a lot of pressure off the club IMO.

I believe the Royals have Cy-Guthrie going tonight too, so there is hope.