GT: 9/1/2012 THIS IS REAL Sox vs Tiggers

Jake

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 08:19 PM)
Yes, I think Dayan Viciedo is more likely to contribute to a Sox win against Max Scherzer than Jordan Danks

So you have the numbers staring you in the face that Danks provides a better opportunity for success than viciedo, but you trust your gut. Got it.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 01:22 AM)
Rios has looked terrible as well in these 2 games.

Scherzer has something like 11 starts with 9 or more K's this season. Soon to be 12.

Max has probably been the second best pitcher in the AL over the last month or so besides Felix. His stuff is incredible and gives the Tigers two aces.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 09:21 PM)
We didn't need hitting at that point, unless it was in CF.

It was the pitching that collapsed in the 2nd half, and Jenks was injured.

Sox were the #1 offense in the AL before the break and #9 offense in the AL after the break.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 08:24 PM)
So you have the numbers staring you in the face that Danks provides a better opportunity for success than viciedo, but you trust your gut. Got it.

If it was "any righty" vs "any lefty" ... sure, probably a lefty.

But we're looking at Jordan Danks and Dayan Viciedo. What Dayan might lack in hits compared to Jordan, I believe he'll make up for in extra base hits.

I would have started Danks over Wise, though. Wise provided offense today but his hustle and defense continue to frustrate so it's tough to say what the right call is there.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 01:27 AM)
I would have started Danks over Wise, though. Wise provided offense today but his hustle and defense continue to frustrate so it's tough to say what the right call is there.

So you take out the 2nd best lefty in the lineup tonight for defensive reasons before the game even starts? Wise has done his job tonight at the plate.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 08:29 PM)
So you take out the 2nd best lefty in the lineup tonight for defensive reasons before the game even starts? Wise has done his job tonight at the plate.

More of a general statement that I would have started Danks from the get-go over Wise. Much like most of Soxtalk

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 08:27 PM)
If it was "any righty" vs "any lefty" ... sure, probably a lefty.

But we're looking at Jordan Danks and Dayan Viciedo. What Dayan might lack in hits compared to Jordan, I believe he'll make up for in extra base hits.

His hustle and defense continue to frustrate?

What?

He played too far in on a ball that went over his head, but that's the risk. He also eliminates a lot of cheap singles that DeAza allows, because Alejandro can't go back on balls nearly as well as Wise does.

And he has been our ENTIRE offense tonight, besides Viciedo and Johnson.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 02:29 AM)
Hell, I'll still go to my grave saying we'd have won that division in 06 if Mackowiak had never played CF.

:headbang

His defensive blunders really hurt the pitching and it seemed to snowball into a pitching "slump"

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 02:30 AM)
More of a general statement that I would have started Danks from the get-go over Wise. Much like most of Soxtalk

Most of soxtalk wanted more lefties in the lineup, and a decent amount I believe want Wise to get some of Viciedo's ABs when De Aza returns.