GT: 9/1/2012 THIS IS REAL Sox vs Tiggers

Jake

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 02:07 AM)
So we can't beat the Royals or the Tigers.

Another years were we shrug our shoulders and say get em tomorrow. Meanwhile the season eventually ends.

If the Sox don't make the postseason, it will be a very interesting offseason. In my stupid opinion, I don't think we see Youk, Peavy or AJ back if that happens.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 08:07 PM)
He's hurt

The dreaded lingering oblique strain.

Cue Hawk monologue on the subject...back to his playing days, when he claimed to have one for 5 years.

Cue Marty "blow up the Sox/fire KW" thread.

Cue Greg "Sox will never beat the Tigers again" thread.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 02:10 AM)
The dreaded lingering oblique strain.

Cue Hawk monologue on the subject...back to his playing days, when he claimed to have one for 5 years.

Cue Marty "blow up the Sox/fire KW" thread.

Cue Greg "Sox will never beat the Tigers again" thread.

How dare you forget "ARE YOU IN OR OUT" and "Was it over when..."

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 02:12 AM)
Ah, thanks. Would have been good to have as many lefties as possible tonight. lhp only hitting .300 against scherzer.

Olmedo should have been playing instead of Beckham and Danks over Viciedo. The righties have no chance against that slider.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 08:09 PM)
If the Sox don't make the postseason, it will be a very interesting offseason. In my stupid opinion, I don't think we see Youk, Peavy or AJ back if that happens.

If Sox fail to make postseason, I think only one may be back and I got no idea which one.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 07:09 PM)

OH I think the opposite. This season wasn't suppose to be this way. You're close to a division and been fighting injuries with the pitching staff.

Definitely not Peavy and hopefully they get something for Adam Dunn.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 08:12 PM)
Olmedo should have been playing instead of Beckham and Danks over Viciedo. The righties have no chance against that slider.

I'll have my Dayan, thanks

And O-Dog > Olmedo for me

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 08:11 PM)
So yeah, I think we'll be tied by Monday morning.

Getting swept by the team that is either just behind us or just ahead of us seems to be our thing. Win a single game in the series and it changes the entire thing. But no, we just bend over and then we have Konerko talking to the press about how x team is a good team or it's a marathon and not a sprint. No sense or urgency or being in the moment.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 02:13 AM)
They've just looked tired this entire road trip. Not just their actions either...they literally look tired when camera catches close-ups.

They took greg's advice from earlier the year and decided to be great at home, but they forgot to show up on the road. If they go on to lose tonight, that would be 8 of 9 on the road.