GT: 9/1/2012 THIS IS REAL Sox vs Tiggers

Jake

I wonder if we'll actually sell more season tickets next year if we let Youk, AJ and Peavy walk...despite how well MOST of this season has gone, what reason would there be for optimism about beating the Tigers next year? Plus, they get back Victor Martinez and Alburquerque at 100%.

As long as we're not stuck with Myers, if nothing else, they have to ensure that doesn't happen.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 02:14 AM)
Getting swept by the team that is either just behind us or just ahead of us seems to be our thing. Win a single game in the series and it changes the entire thing. But no, we just bend over and then we have Konerko talking to the press about how x team is a good team or it's a marathon and not a sprint. No sense or urgency or being in the moment.

And don't forget the token comment by Sox manager saying the particular series isn't all that important.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 08:14 PM)
Getting swept by the team that is either just behind us or just ahead of us seems to be our thing. Win a single game in the series and it changes the entire thing. But no, we just bend over and then we have Konerko talking to the press about how x team is a good team or it's a marathon and not a sprint. No sense or urgency or being in the moment.

Not unlike mid 2006 when Dye, Konerko and Thome convinced KW they didn't need to add anything to the roster in order to get to the post-season.

That worked out well.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 08:13 PM)
I'll have my Dayan, thanks

And O-Dog > Olmedo for me

So you would look at the rhp ba against scherzer and then look at viciedo's ba against rhp and play him? you would be increasing the probability of an out from that position. Full stop.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 09:16 PM)
Not unlike mid 2006 when Dye, Konerko and Thome convinced KW they didn't need to add anything to the roster in order to get to the post-season.

That worked out well.

That's why KW traded McCarthy for Soriano, but lost the deal when Soriano decided he wouldn't sign an extension and watned to test the FA market.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 08:17 PM)
So you would look at the rhp ba against scherzer and then look at viciedo's ba against rhp and play him? you would be increasing the probability of an out from that position. Full stop.

Yes, I think Dayan Viciedo is more likely to contribute to a Sox win against Max Scherzer than Jordan Danks

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 02:18 AM)
That's why KW traded McCarthy for Soriano, but lost the deal when Soriano decided he wouldn't sign an extension and watned to test the FA market.

Soriano probably wanted to make sure he played in a warm climate

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 08:18 PM)

We didn't need hitting at that point, unless it was in CF.

It was the pitching that collapsed in the 2nd half, and Jenks was injured.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 08:20 PM)
Just imagine how ugly this would be if the kitty bats were clicking right now.

Konerko and Ventura like to talk a lot about the character of this team, but I'm not seeing it when it counts. You cant get swept in back to back series in Detroit.

If they had Victor Martinez all year the Tigers would already in first IMO!

Being a tough guy doesn't fix a slumping bat. The fact that two of our top hitters in Dunn, De Aza are not present and three of our other best hitters PK-AJ-Rios are slumping doesn't mean our team is a bunch of p*****s, it means we're slumping. I'd like to fix it, but I don't see evidence that we're gutless, just very unsuccessful thus far