GT: 9/1/2012 THIS IS REAL Sox vs Tiggers

Jake

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 12:26 AM)
BTW, Fielder hit .370 in August.

Cabrera and Prince with insane OPS numbers since the ASB. Looking at all the numbers for the Tigers, it makes no sense why they haven't run away with things since the ASB. Gotta be their defense.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 08:26 PM)
If you're using "why didn't we get Bedard" as something to complain about as a failure of the GM, then yeah, I'm going to criticize. Maybe, maybe, maybe he'd be better in a spot start...but at the very best it's another crapshoot.

Oh, and Bedard's ERA since June 1 is 6.35.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 07:26 PM)
You didn't include Beckham, who's the worst of the bunch. I really hope ADA comes back and provides a spark and Ventura uses Wise to break up the 7-8-9 righty combo

Not sure how I missed than bum. He's the worst of the bunch

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 12:28 AM)
Oh, and Bedard's ERA since June 1 is 6.35.

It's all about adding depth, as it's easy to envision a situation where they might need Humber to start a game down the stretch as things currently are constructed.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 06:26 PM)
If you're using "why didn't we get Bedard" as something to complain about as a failure of the GM, then yeah, I'm going to criticize. Maybe, maybe, maybe he'd be better in a spot start...but at the very best it's another crapshoot.

We would have been better off just keeping Guthrie off the Royals.

Well, at least he was part of a win against the Tigers too, unfortunately it wasn't pitching for us.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 08:29 PM)
It's all about adding depth, as it's easy to envision a situation where they might need Humber to start a game down the stretch as things currently are constructed.

And adding Bedard would leave it...exactly as easy to envision a situation where Humber would get a spot start.

Except we'd also have to come up with another 40 man spot.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 06:28 PM)
Rios is batting .300 vs righties. We don't need power from Lexei. He's on an 11 game hit streak as well I think.

Both are hitting over .300 with RISP. It was a bummer when Alexei popped up last night. Stink spreads on this team.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 06:28 PM)
Cabrera and Prince with insane OPS numbers since the ASB. Looking at all the numbers for the Tigers, it makes no sense why they haven't run away with things since the ASB. Gotta be their defense.

Also lack of production from the 5th spot.