GT: 9/1/2012 THIS IS REAL Sox vs Tiggers

Jake

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 06:08 PM)
A staple of this GM's teams.

And what did the Tigers do after they swept us last time?

They basically fell apart. Are they weak mentally? Two days ago, after the Royals swept them, half the Tigers' fanbase was ready to give up.

The season changes on a day by day, and inning by inning basis.

2-0 is far from an insurmountable lead.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 12:12 AM)
And were we honestly going to find better potential fillins than Santiago and Axelrod? No.

On the waiver wire? Quite possibly. In all honesty, would you have phrased that post in that particular way if Axelrod got bombed last start?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 07:12 PM)

They basically fell apart. Are they weak mentally? Two days ago, after the Royals swept them, half the Tigers' fanbase was ready to give up.

This team has a history of not manning up. I care less what the Tigers do. The SOx control their own destiny and they are chocking on their tiny nuts.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 06:10 PM)
Sale and Q were likely going to need a few starts skipped the rest of the way (or at least I hope so).

If we just had an "average" AL bullpen this year, we would have had that luxury of not being tied with the Tigers on Sunday.

We would have been 3-4 games up on them, no matter what happened in this series.

Now every game will have that "do or die" feeling in September...unless KW really is ultra-confident Floyd will be back again, and soon.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 08:13 PM)
On the waiver wire? Quite possibly. In all honesty, would you have phrased that post in that particular way if Axelrod got bombed last start?

Yes. Because on the waiver wire, unless you were picking up serious salary and giving up nonexistant talent, whatever pitcher you were to get would be equally likely to be shelled.

For example...we got this one guy without giving up much...his name is Francisco Liriano...

Otherwise, I'll wait for you to name the pitcher who got moved for nothing with very little contract who would do better.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 06:08 PM)
The Sox are mentally weak. They do this always. They let teams get inside their heads. It isn't surprising at all.

That's hard to ignore. I guess there is no stat to prove this. To me that labels the Sox of the 21st century. Manuel, Guillen and possibly Ventura can't fix that.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 12:13 AM)
This team has a history of not manning up. I care less what the Tigers do. The SOx control their own destiny and they are chocking on their tiny nuts.

The offense struggles and the starting pitching tires out. It's been a staple of Sox teams seemingly the entire 21st century, but I wonder how many other teams feel the same way?

QUOTE (Caesar @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 06:13 PM)

It happened to the Twins against the Sox in 2008...the Tigers the following season against the Twins.

It's not ONLY the White Sox.

And let's face it, the Tigers have a lot more talent, overall, than the White Sox.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 07:15 PM)
The offense struggles and the starting pitching tires out. It's been a staple of Sox teams seemingly the entire 21st century, but I wonder how many other teams feel the same way?

No, this team chokes. Plain and simple, it chokes.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 01:14 AM)
Yes. Because on the waiver wire, unless you were picking up serious salary and giving up nonexistant talent, whatever pitcher you were to get would be equally likely to be shelled.

For example...we got this one guy without giving up much...his name is Francisco Liriano...

Otherwise, I'll wait for you to name the pitcher who got moved for nothing with very little contract who would do better.

Do we even know if they're going to let Santiago start? I thought Millwood would have been a good fit, and I still wouldn't be shocked if KW brings in Bedard.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 01:17 AM)
I agree with all the criticisms but evn if we get swept tomorrow, we could still be up 3 games when they come to the Cell in a week.

Can we get a rain out tomorrow please? That would be ideal...more rest for Sale especially.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 06:16 PM)
It happened to the Twins against the Sox in 2008...the Tigers the following season against the Twins.

It's not ONLY the White Sox.

And let's face it, the Tigers have a lot more talent, overall, than the White Sox.

I would say that would be the other way around.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 07:12 PM)

I do not give one damn about the Detroit Tigers. Kenny Williams' teams have difficulty making the postseason.