GT: 9/1/2012 THIS IS REAL Sox vs Tiggers

Jake

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cy Young could have started for the White Sox and it still wouldn't matter because the offense can't score against Scherzer or get a hit with RISP.

Still 0 for the series in a game and a half in that category.

Not unlike the Tigers in KC. Thanks to Dyson and Cain, or the Sox would be looking at trailing the Tigers in the standings after tonight by 1 game instead of still ahead by 1.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 07:15 PM)
The offense struggles and the starting pitching tires out. It's been a staple of Sox teams seemingly the entire 21st century, but I wonder how many other teams feel the same way?

All of them

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 06:18 PM)
I do not give one damn about the Detroit Tigers. Kenny Williams' teams have difficulty making the postseason.

And until last season, the Tigers could never beat the Twins either, only in 2006.

Should Dombrowski also be fired? He's had more money to spend than Williams.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 06:18 PM)
Can we get a rain out tomorrow please? That would be ideal...more rest for Sale especially.

Somehow I get the feeling that would backfire.

I totally hate the idea of putting a 1st year starter in this position.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 08:17 PM)
Do we even know if they're going to let Santiago start? I thought Millwood would have been a good fit, and I still wouldn't be shocked if KW brings in Bedard.

Be honest...you get a choice. Millwood (4-12, 4.38 ERA in Safeco, .860 OPS against him int he 2nd half with 5.43 ERA since the break), Bedard (7-14, 5.01 ERA in Pittsburgh in the NL), or the young Axelrod/Santiago.

You might take the vets, but I will simply scoff if you tell me that those guys are clearly major upgrades.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 12:21 AM)
Somehow I get the feeling that would backfire.

I totally hate the idea of putting a 1st year starter in this position.

Well, Sox need someone to step up (besides Flowers/Axelrod). Everyone else has seemingly taken the week off. I trust Sale more than anyone on this team to go out there and perform well.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 06:19 PM)
Cy Young could have started for the White Sox and it still wouldn't matter because the offense can't score against Scherzer or get a hit with RISP.

Still 0 for the series in a game and a half in that category.

Not unlike the Tigers in KC. Thanks to Dyson and Cain, or the Sox would be looking at trailing the Tigers in the standings after tonight by 1 game instead of still ahead by 1.

2 runs are like 7 when the team isn't hitting.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 12:21 AM)
Be honest...you get a choice. Millwood (4-12, 4.38 ERA in Safeco, .860 OPS against him int he 2nd half with 5.43 ERA since the break), Bedard (7-14, 5.01 ERA in Pittsburgh in the NL), or the young Axelrod/Santiago.

You might take the vets, but I will simply scoff if you tell me that those guys are clearly major upgrades.

Give me Bedard in games against the Twins/Indians.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 07:22 PM)
Well, Sox need someone to step up (besides Flowers/Axelrod). Everyone else has seemingly taken the week off. I trust Sale more than anyone on this team to go out there and perform well.

Sale vs Twins is more appetizing for me. Could even let Satiago go Mon and Sale Tues.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 07:22 PM)
2 runs are like 7 when the team isn't hitting.

We have too many easy outs inthis lineup. We have all year. If we dont hit homeruns we don't win. Thats the bottom line. You have a 3 hitter hitting 200, you have a 4 hitter who has sucked for months now. You have a right fielder who cant hit righties and you have a SS whose power has mysteriously vanished. Its amazing this team is in where it is.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 07:20 PM)
And until last season, the Tigers could never beat the Twins either, only in 2006.

Should Dombrowski also be fired? He's had more money to spend than Williams.

I don not give one damn about Dombrowski. I don't know what your point is.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 12:25 AM)
We have too many easy outs inthis lineup. We have all year. If we dont hit homeruns we don't win. Thats the bottom line. You have a 3 hitter hitting 200, you have a 4 hitter who has sucked for months now. You have a right fielder who cant hit righties and you have a SS whose power has mysteriously vanished. Its amazing this team is in where it is.

You didn't include Beckham, who's the worst of the bunch. I really hope ADA comes back and provides a spark and Ventura uses Wise to break up the 7-8-9 righty combo

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 08:23 PM)
Give me Bedard in games against the Twins/Indians.

If you're using "why didn't we get Bedard" as something to complain about as a failure of the GM, then yeah, I'm going to criticize. Maybe, maybe, maybe he'd be better in a spot start...but at the very best it's another crapshoot.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 07:25 PM)

Rios is batting .300 vs righties. We don't need power from Lexei. He's on an 11 game hit streak as well I think.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 06:22 PM)

Too bad they can't rely on the Cy Young winner.

I'm afraid Sale is going to try to over pitch in this situation.