And that's a white sox winner!

Balta1701

QUOTE (MAX @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 12:45 AM)
That's good to hear. I've been working far too much. Looking at his stats it seems like he has been better than I thought except for the 26th-31st. And that was a while ago.

I know what you mean, I probably wouldn't bat him third but he's been a great pick up. Hopefully Dunn and Youk are back tomorrow. I've had enough of Olmedo.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 05:20 AM)
I'm going to make a prediction more Tiger fans show up at the Cell than Sox fans. So it will be like road games for the Sox.

Sox still need to take care of business tomorrow.

Will they have about 10,000 fans and the Sox eight?

Tigers fans were obnoxious when I visited Comerica during Sale's start in the 1st Sweep. A few nice and knowledgable ones since we paid good money for !B side 4th row, but obnoxious pricks the rest of the lot around us; besides the decent sized amount of Sox fans down there too. I will be pissed if Tigger fans inVade The Cell overwhelmingly for the 4 game set.

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 02:11 AM)
Tigers fans were obnoxious when I visited Comerica during Sale's start in the 1st Sweep. A few nice and knowledgable ones since we paid good money for !B side 4th row, but obnoxious pricks the rest of the lot around us; besides the decent sized amount of Sox fans down there too. I will be pissed if Tigger fans inVade The Cell overwhelmingly for the 4 game set.

Same game, this was my experience too. They were f***ing with us from the moment we got out of the parking garage until we left after the game was over. I don't think I've ever had an experience like that in any road game I've been to for anything.

QUOTE (Cali @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 12:29 AM)
If the playoffs started today the Sox would play the Orioles... No thank you.

It sucks, cause I think it's fun to finally watch the O's bring the ruckus in the American League Boston and New York Division(ALBNYD). If this Sox team makes it into October intact, New York looks like a happier place than Baltimore.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 01:15 AM)
Same game, this was my experience too. They were f***ing with us from the moment we got out of the parking garage until we left after the game was over. I don't think I've ever had an experience like that in any road game I've been to for anything.

I was at the Liriano game this past series with my cousin and her husband who are Tigers fans and didnt hear too much until the game was looking like a Tigers win. Fortunately U of M was getting throttled on TV after the game and most of them were pissy about that.

I did have some guy in the row behind me keep tapping me on the shoulder and telling me that Ozzie is the best manager in sports and the Sox made a huge mistake letting him go.

It's so rare to say "I'd rather play the Yankees in October", but I'd rather play the Yankees in October haha.

Playing Baltimore almost all but garentees the Orioles play in the ALCS and that's a weird sentence to write...

Can we just add a 25% service charge into the bill for anyone trying to enter USCF with Tigers' gear?

Rookie Mike Trout, in his first at-bat against Verlander, started the first by smoking a home run deep over the left-field wall -- Trout’s 26th homer of the season.

Trout then ended the game by robbing his fourth home run of the season, a towering blast to center field hit by Detroit slugger Prince Fielder, eliciting cheers of "MVP!"

Following the Trout homer and a walk in the first, Kendrys Morales and Howie Kendrick each doubled, and with two outs, Vernon Wells touched Verlander for a double off the wall in right-center for a 4-0 lead.

Morales doubled again in the third, his fifth hit in his first six at-bats in the series, scoring Albert Pujols after his leadoff double. Pujols had three hits Saturday.

This was heady stuff, considering Verlander (13-8) started the night leading the American League in batting average against (.212) and complete games, ranking second in strikeouts and third in earned-run average.

latimes.com/sports/angels

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 01:11 AM)

Meh. Let them spend their money to improve our team.