And that's a white sox winner!

Balta1701

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 8, 2012 -> 07:20 PM)
Just saw the replay of Flowers' home run. You would have thought someone had hit a homer off of the White Sox and Hawk was announcing. Credit to Ventura for his lineup decisions today.

Wise batting third? Hits well

Viciedo batting third? Hits well

Tyler Flowers playing? Drops bombs

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 8, 2012 -> 07:20 PM)
Just saw the replay of Flowers' home run. You would have thought someone had hit a homer off of the White Sox and Hawk was announcing. Credit to Ventura for his lineup decisions today.

I loved seeing Tank hitting third against the lefty, especially Chen.

QUOTE (MEANS @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 12:38 AM)
that missed call at home had me soooooo pissed off, then D2 got me even more mad, thankfully they pulled it off. Sale looked great today once he started throwing first pitch strikes.

I wonder if there's a correlation between Parent getting ejected and Sale pitching better? With the rumors of Parent calling the pitches (especially with Flowers on the mound), maybe there was better flow with someone else calling the pitches.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/gamelog/_/id/5883/zack-greinke

TMRW, Zack Greinke

Last 3 starts, 3 wins, 21 IP (7 IP in each game), total of 4 earned runs...1.71 ERA

opposed by Ozzie's buddy, Anibal Sanchez

Lots of pressure on Porcello and Fister the first two games next week, Scherzer has been great and Verlander has been horrible on the road.

I'm going to make a silly prediction, whoever wins Game 4, Verlander vs. Sale, that team goes to the playoffs and the other team is out of the WC at the end of the season.

A struggling Jose Quintana is going to have his ultimate start to set the tone...otherwise, an 8 game losing streak against DET falls onto Peavy's shoulders. Obviously, it's critical to win one of those first two games to alleviate the pressure on Liriano and Sale against the two Tigers aces.

Just as much pressure on Verlander to show up on the road now in the biggest series of the season for both teams.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 03:00 AM)
Somehow I have a feeling Greg775 must have thought this game would be at 6:05 p.m., lol.

No comments yet from him.

I was at the Kansas-Rice football game. I'd rather have been at Brother Rice vs. Bishop Mac. Charlie Weis' troops lost to the rugged Owls of Conference USA.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 03:19 AM)
It is a Saturday, I'm sure Applebee's is busy

Kyyle wishes I would go away. He got my profession right though. I am a busboy at Applebee's. How'd u get that right?? We have 2 Applebee's in the area; I shift to both.

Good win by the Sox, though it appears Addison Reed almost blew another one. Sox have had one of the worst bullpens in America since the days Bobby was not so fat. I'll take any win against the Royals. I still have a sneaky feeling we lose 2 of 3. Sox don't have the desire when they play KC. Sox are incapable of taking the Royals seriously.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 12:10 AM)
haven't seen a reason/excuse from Danks for missing that ball.

has he explained it -- other than gag reflex?

meh, from the replay it looks like he simply lost in in the sun.

I was there today, it was tough, not a cloud in the sky, which isn't really tough, it's actually great!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 8, 2012 -> 10:19 PM)
http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/gamelog/_/id/5883/zack-greinke

TMRW, Zack Greinke

Last 3 starts, 3 wins, 21 IP (7 IP in each game), total of 4 earned runs...1.71 ERA

opposed by Ozzie's buddy, Anibal Sanchez

Lots of pressure on Porcello and Fister the first two games next week, Scherzer has been great and Verlander has been horrible on the road.

I'm going to make a silly prediction, whoever wins Game 4, Verlander vs. Sale, that team goes to the playoffs and the other team is out of the WC at the end of the season.

A struggling Jose Quintana is going to have his ultimate start to set the tone...otherwise, an 8 game losing streak against DET falls onto Peavy's shoulders. Obviously, it's critical to win one of those first two games to alleviate the pressure on Liriano and Sale against the two Tigers aces.

Just as much pressure on Verlander to show up on the road now in the biggest series of the season for both teams.

I'm going to make a prediction more Tiger fans show up at the Cell than Sox fans. So it will be like road games for the Sox.

Sox still need to take care of business tomorrow.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 12:20 AM)
I'm going to make a prediction more Tiger fans show up at the Cell than Sox fans. So it will be like road games for the Sox.

Sox still need to take care of business tomorrow.

If tix for this series are expensive due to the horribly stupid dynamic pricing, then this may be a reality.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 8, 2012 -> 11:11 PM)
meh, from the replay it looks like he simply lost in in the sun.

I was there today, it was tough, not a cloud in the sky, which isn't really tough, it's actually great!

I'm replaying the 9th on mlb.tv right now- I could have sworn that whoever was calling the game on FOX seemed sure of himself that it was lost in the lights. Either he meant sun, or I misheard him. I can't say for sure because once the ball landed on the ground I was too preoccupied with rotflmao.