GT: Sox vs. Tigers...The Final Countdown Continues

LittleHurt05

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 03:30 AM)
I have never felt like a manager ruined a baseball game as much as I do tonight.

You are like Dr. Jeckyll n Mister Hyde. How can you tell me to go away for negative comments then you hit on that so much the final few innings? You are even more negative than me.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 03:31 AM)
I still want to know where the hell the bunts of been. Fister was pwning the Sox and Cabrera is a piece of s*** third basemen and they still aren't testing him defensively. Its pathetic.

Sox refuse to be bad sports. It's sportsmanship, u know? What a joke. Bunt the f***ing ball at him!!!

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 08:32 PM)
Seriously? You have zero problem with it except Hudson should have been doing it?

That's like saying you have no problem having sex with a man, except you'd prefer it to be with a woman...

That is a problem, but some of you are acting like it was the dumbest thing ever to bunt. The truth was, it was dumb to have a guy that doesn't bunt bunt (and many of you made that same argument, just not all). O-Dog should have been out there. All that said, I still don't know RV made that decision. And I still find it pathetic that MLB players don't practice the bunt. Whether you do it in the game or not, it should be practiced all the time.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 03:32 AM)
Simple, by playing good baseball. Own smown. Every game is a new game. Thinking anything else is a loser mentality.

Loser mentality or realist mentality? My aggressive John Belushi in Animal House mentality has been stripped this season by Sox play vs. KC and Detroit.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 10:33 PM)
You are like Dr. Jeckyll n Mister Hyde. How can you tell me to go away for negative comments then you hit on that so much the final few innings? You are even more negative than me.

Sox refuse to be bad sports. It's sportsmanship, u know? What a joke. Bunt the f***ing ball at him!!!

Because I don't mind losing because we get beat on the field. Peavy got beat by two great hitters.

What I don't find acceptable is when the manager makes absolutely inexplicable decisions. There is absolutely no defending Ventura tonight.

The whole problem with this game was bunting with Youkilis.

You take the bat out of an aggressive fastball hitter's hands and put him on the defensive when we should have been playing for the lead, not the tie, there.

Go for the jugular.

With all the struggles with RISP over the last two weeks, I'd rather swing away with 3 at-bats by YOUK, Wise and Konerko than play small ball to try to extend the game, because the Tigers still have the overall bullpen advantage.

Hit a homer that inning and the entire series and season shifts back to the White Sox.

Now it's "uh-oh," Scherzer and Verlander are coming again, we're doomed, etc.

If we want to go to the playoffs this season, we're going to need to prove we belong by winning one of these 2.

Otherwise, we'll be 1-10 in our last 11 games played against DET. That's beyond pathetic, that's beyond anything we ever managed to do (negatively) against the Twins even.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 08:35 PM)
Because I don't mind losing because we get beat on the field. Peavy got beat by two great hitters.

What I don't find acceptable is when the manager makes absolutely inexplicable decisions. There is absolutely no defending Ventura tonight.

I'd be more pissed if it was Septimo. That POS shouldn't be involved in any close games. Liriano might not be a regular reliever but he's one of our starters and up until a couple weeks ago was one of the Sox better starters since coming to Chicago. His stuff projects to the pen. He just flat out sucked. The other alternatives are Thorton (whose been overused and I've seen everyone b**** whenever he comes into the game and Crain, who too many have griped about).

Fact is. No matter what, if 3 runs were given up, most of the board would have complained. That said Shack, I know you aren't an overreactive guy and I definitely respect your opinion. I think the blown bunt was the big mistake RV made (vs. Liriano).

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 08:35 PM)

I'd be more pissed if it was Septimo. That POS shouldn't be involved in any close games. Liriano might not be a regular reliever but he's one of our starters and up until a couple weeks ago was one of the Sox better starters since coming to Chicago. His stuff projects to the pen. He just flat out sucked. The other alternatives are Thorton (whose been overused and I've seen everyone b**** whenever he comes into the game and Crain, who too many have griped about).

Fact is. No matter what, if 3 runs were given up, most of the board would have complained. That said Shack, I know you aren't an overreactive guy and I definitely respect your opinion. I think the blown bunt was the big mistake RV made (vs. Liriano).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 10:34 PM)
That is a problem, but some of you are acting like it was the dumbest thing ever to bunt. The truth was, it was dumb to have a guy that doesn't bunt bunt (and many of you made that same argument, just not all). O-Dog should have been out there. All that said, I still don't know RV made that decision. And I still find it pathetic that MLB players don't practice the bunt. Whether you do it in the game or not, it should be practiced all the time.

That is beside the point! He asked a guy that has basically never bunted to bunt, instead of just bringing in Hudson.

Now I'm sure he wanted the element of surprise and all, but that is simply not worth asking someone who will fail to get the job done. You cannot explain that decision, which is why I'm praying for our sake it was Youk's.

Inserting Liriano in that situation when you don't even trust him enough to start tomorrow is absolutely ludicrous. If you don't trust him to start, you don't trust him in that situation, for damn sure. He's struggled out of the gate in his last several starts. Why would this be any different?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 08:39 PM)
That is beside the point! He asked a guy that has basically never bunted to bunt, instead of just bringing in Hudson.

Now I'm sure he wanted the element of surprise and all, but that is simply not worth asking someone who will fail to get the job done. You cannot explain that decision, which is why I'm praying for our sake it was Youk's.

Inserting Liriano in that situation when you don't even trust him enough to start tomorrow is absolutely ludicrous. If you don't trust him to start, you don't trust him in that situation, for damn sure. He's struggled out of the gate in his last several starts. Why would this be any different?

RV says it was his decision (and I fully agree with you, a stupid decision). And I think not using Liriano has more to do with Floyd's track record vs. Detroit then Liriano. Albeit, Liriano clearly isn't a front of the rotation pitcher and should not ever be confused for one given his s*** command.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 09:41 PM)
RV says it was his decision (and I fully agree with you, a stupid decision). And I think not using Liriano has more to do with Floyd's track record vs. Detroit then Liriano. Albeit, Liriano clearly isn't a front of the rotation pitcher and should not ever be confused for one given his s*** command.

It still may have been. Who knows if Robin is jumping on the grenade or not.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 09:31 PM)
HAHA not sure if you are serious or not but if this team loses it affects my ENTIRE next day haha....If they win im out on the streets signing autographs over here DEEEEEEP in Tigers/Indians territory

Very serious. It was a great post. Watching A's vs. Angels or Dodgers vs. Dbacks is baseball. It's entertainment, no invested emotional interest.

But watching a team coming off a high last night only to be ruined by Big Game Peavy which should be a more winnable game compared to Scherzer and Verlander...pisses most fans off.

Could we have the other eye blackened on Peavy's picture please?

One thing's for sure, if Floyd gets rocked early...we go to Axelrod and THEN possibly Humber if it's a COMPLETE ROUT of 6+ runs or more down, but we definitely can't sacrifice 5-6-7 relievers coming into Thursday in a game where Sale might not get past 5 or 6.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 10:44 PM)
One thing's for sure, if Floyd gets rocked early...we go to Axelrod and THEN possibly Humber if it's a COMPLETE ROUT of 6+ runs or more down, but we definitely can't sacrifice 5-6-7 relievers coming into Thursday in a game where Sale might not get past 5 or 6.

The hell with that.

I'd put Liriano in and make him pitch

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 11:43 PM)
Very serious. It was a great post. Watching A's vs. Angels or Dodgers vs. Dbacks is baseball. It's entertainment, no invested emotional interest.

But watching a team coming off a high last night only to be ruined by Big Game Peavy which should be a more winnable game compared to Scherzer and Verlander...pisses most fans off.

The AL sucks.....hahaha

I have a good feeling about the game against Scherzer tomorrow though.

Remember when Humber came off the DL/whatever the heck he was on & had that ONE good game. I fully expect Gavin to come out & be sharp for his first outing as well.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 10:43 PM)

I said it coming into the series, it's all about Peavy and Sale showing up.

The Quintana win was pretty unexpected, and I guess Jake getting beat wasn't...still, you had to hold out SOME hope coming into the game and certainly through the first 4 innings.

I also never expected much out of Floyd/Liriano tomorrow. So maybe that means we'll see Scherzer finally look human again (one of the few times in the past 2 months), who knows?

It's just a tremendous amount of pressure to put on Sale's shoulders, with his innings count extended already...if there's any game all season where he's going to overexert or strain himself trying to get a little extra on pitches to Cabrera or Fielder, it's going to be Thursday.

Chris is something like 9-2 at USCF with a 1.70 ERA or close to it...I'm cautiously optimistic, and the bottom line is you just don't want to see him hurt, especially if he enters the contest with only a 1 game lead in the standings.