9/19 White Sox at Royals

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 03:46 AM)
We are trying to get a playoff spot, right?

Sox looked like a team satisfied at a 5-game win streak tonight. AJ's wave of his hand at the ump said it all. We're defeated when we play KC ... defeated. Last night was a lucky one-run win. Tomorrow Guthrie mercifully ends the season series with KC's 12th win vs. the Sox. If Detroit wins we're one-game up and the schedule IS NOT in our favor. Thanks, KC for ruining our season.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 03:05 AM)
RV, you absolutely suck right now.

You know I agree with you 99% of the time about Ventura, but I don't find fault with him for the loss tonight. Typically, I'd gladly take my chances with Viciedo, Alexei and Flowers at least getting one run home against a soft tossing LHP. I would have liked to see Veal face Gordon, but it's not like Sale is easy on lefties.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 09:07 PM)
Sox looked like a team satisfied at a 5-game win streak tonight. AJ's wave of his hand at the ump said it all. We're defeated when we play KC ... defeated. Last night was a lucky one-run win. Tomorrow Guthrie mercifully ends the season series with KC's 12th win vs. the Sox. If Detroit wins we're one-game up and the schedule IS NOT in our favor. Thanks, KC for ruining our season.

Why don't you just admit that you take an immense pleasure in the Royals beating us and call it a year?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 10:02 PM)
I just can't express enough how much a disadvantage Robin is putting us at night after night with these terrible decisions.

He's an absolutely pathetic on-field manager.

Really? Did he tell Tank & Alexei to pop up early in the AB with the bases loaded?

This loss is 100% on the offense, no ifs ands or buts about it. They have faced Chen so many times, had success recently and just got smoked today. That's it. Maybe Robin made a bad decision or two later, but the offense blew chunks. It is their fault. Go get em tomorrow dumb asses.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 10:07 PM)

Like clockwork, here comes greg bragging that he picked the Royals to beat the Sox again.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 09:08 PM)
You know I agree with you 99% of the time about Ventura, but I don't find fault with him for the loss tonight. Typically, I'd gladly take my chances with Viciedo, Alexei and Flowers at least getting one run home against a soft tossing LHP. I would have liked to see Veal face Gordon, but it's not like Sale is easy on lefties.

I just want him to look at statistics.

He brings in Jones against Butler when he should have brought him in against Gordon. He brings in two lefties to pinch hit against their closer when righties are hitting 80 points higher than lefties.

He sits AJ against a guy he's hitting .417 against.

I didn't have a problem with him leaving Sale either, Dayan should have made the catch...but I honestly wouldn't take Wise out of the lineup now for Dayan...the guy just has no concept of situational hitting and we can't afford OTJ for him right now. I'd be happy if he were just in a PH role right now, considering the upgrade to our defense that Wise brings.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 10:05 PM)
RV, you absolutely suck right now.

What was the bad decision he made? Viciedo had a 1.293 OPS against Chen coming into the lineup in 19 at bats. If he gets 2 hits tonight, the Sox are still playing.

Other than filling out the lineup cards or ordering bunts (mostly dumb) or hit and runs, managers have very little impact on the game.

I guess you can put Olmedo at SS instead of Ramirez if you wanted to go with someone who is poorer defensively AND has a worse career OPS against Chen than Ramirez.

If there was any guy in the lineup that should not have played tonight it was De Aza...and he banged out 4 hits. Otherwise, the lineup in the game was about as optimal as you get against Chen. The lineup failed, not Robin.