Chicago White Sox @ LAA Angels

justBLAZE

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A's tied it up in the top of the 9th against Soriano.

That pen can just shut down other teams. Lockdown. By the way, if the A's manage a one run win, it would be FIVE consecutive one-run wins this season by Oakland over the Yankees. Pretty incredible.

So it will be Porcello with another extra day of rest, Fister Saturday afternoon and Scherzer/Smyly Sunday night.

Harder to sweep a DH, so that works in our favor, psychologically.

2-1 for DET, 1-2 for Chicago, I think everyone would take that and be happy to go into the 7 game homestand against CLE and TB with the ALCD lead still intact.

Edited by caulfield12

Laser beam out of there right down the RF line.

36 homers surrendered by Santana...22 against LHBers.

Youk continuing his road struggles in the 2 hole.

Walk off homer for the Yankees against the A's, only their 3rd of the season. Russell Martin off Doolittle.

Angels clinging to slim WC hopes, 4 behind the A's right now, BALT likely to beat the Red Sox. Pretty sure the A's play Rangers 7 more times, not sure if they have one more head to head with the Angels. Maybe it's against the Mariners.

Orioles have won a stunning 8 of 9 at Boston now. Never thought I'd say that in my lifetime.

No Angels' announcers, it's NOT a walk-off homer for DeAza. Wishful thinking for Sox fans, but pretty hard to walk off on the road unless the home team quits or forfeits in the middle of the game.

Angels' crowd is either very late arriving or a bit skeptical of their chances, with the loss last night.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Sep 21, 2012 -> 08:16 PM)
Who else is thinking about putting Gordon back in the 2 hole?

On the road, if you look at the splits....YOUK definitely should be moved down.

Hunter just missed that one.

Getting ahead in counts, that's encouraging, and not giving the lead right back to them. Trumbo has really hit the skids since the last time the two teams played.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 21, 2012 -> 09:19 PM)
On the road, if you look at the splits....YOUK definitely should be moved down.

Hunter just missed that one.

Getting ahead in counts, that's encouraging, and not giving the lead right back to them. Trumbo has really hit the skids since the last time the two teams played.

I think it's gotta be considered. Youk looked awful there and is hitting what since the ASB?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 21, 2012 -> 09:26 PM)
Santana hasn't pitched for 9 days.

Seems like he used to throw 93-96 MPH before. Definitely looks like he has lost something off his stuff.

Are we the only two watching this game? Crazy considering its 4:27 am for me and like 8:27 am for you?

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Sep 21, 2012 -> 08:24 PM)
I think it's gotta be considered. Youk looked awful there and is hitting what since the ASB?

.201, but 754 OPS.

In fact, his OPS numbers are pretty consistent from the 1st to the 2nd half, although he started out miserably with Boston.

So that run he had right after the trade for 3 weeks with the Sox really picked those numbers up going into the ASB.