Sox vs Indians game 161 thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

With anything somewhat resembling offensive support and Peavy would have 16+ wins this year. 3 runs in 8 innings is a QS last I checked. An ERA under 3.40 on the season is pretty damn good in the AL. The guy hasn't pitched a full season in who knows how many years and here he is in October throwing another QS.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 2, 2012 -> 08:36 PM)
With anything somewhat resembling offensive support and Peavy would have 16+ wins this year. 3 runs in 8 innings is a QS last I checked. An ERA under 3.40 on the season is pretty damn good in the AL. The guy hasn't pitched a full season in who knows how many years and here he is in October throwing another QS.

He can be a solid #3 starter.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 2, 2012 -> 08:36 PM)

He had a good year. 23 quality starts out of 32. He made all of his starts, and that will get him a nice contract.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 2, 2012 -> 07:36 PM)

But when we've needed him not to give up the lead, or give up 1-2 runs instead of 3, he just hasn't gotten it done.

Consistently in the 2nd half, and always against the Tigers.

Golf clap, to quote Marty, but don't let the door hit you on the way out. Down the stretch, when we need him to be the ace and take some of the pressure of Chris Sale, he hasn't delivered.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 2, 2012 -> 07:40 PM)
To save him for a save situation tonight?

I can't wait to hear this whole offseason has Viciedo's overall numbers are skewed by the final week of games where the stats became meaningless except for the back of the baseball card.

24 and 77, that's not too far off most projections, problems against RHP notwithstanding.

Maybe some were calling for 30 and 90 RBI's, but that was a bit too optimistic.

LOL at the Royals finally taking the lead over DET after losing 5 in a row to them.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (flavum @ Oct 2, 2012 -> 07:54 PM)
They should just call off the vote, and let Showalter and Melvin split it. How can you pick one over the other?

It was like that BS in 2005 when Shapiro won Executive of the Year over KW.

How can you pick the 2nd place team there that didn't even make the playoffs and collapsed the final week?