2012 ALDS Athletics vs Tigers

Brian

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an absolute travesty that MLB couldn't find one f***ing day in their 7 month schedule, 8.5 if you count spring training to allow these series to be 2-2-1. What an absolute joke.

A's are only the first to be f***ed by this.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 7, 2012 -> 02:46 PM)
While I'm glad to see Oakland lose, this new playoff format is a joke.

I have zero interest in these Wild Card playoffs and ALDS formats. Maybe I'll sit through an entire game come LCS time.

We all know that the 2-3 ALDS format, while terrible, is only for this year, right? Tried to force the new playoff system into the existing schedule; so had to minimize travel days.

QUOTE (OsweGo-Go Sox @ Oct 7, 2012 -> 03:50 PM)
We all know that the 2-3 ALDS format, while terrible, is only for this year, right? Tried to force the new playoff system into the existing schedule; so had to minimize travel days.

All they had to do was push the entire playoffs back one day to allow for the travel day. Or get rid of one of the like 4 days off that happens in the LCS or World Series.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Oct 8, 2012 -> 04:49 AM)
I know everyone is pissed and most likely for the fact we all hate Detroit, but what if it was the Sox playing first two games at home :)

I would obviously take it, but honestly, would feel a tad tainted.

MLB could have even made Game 4 a day game, than Game 5 a night game the next day. I understand the need to stagger games for TV, but it taints things a bit for me. This is the postseason, for petes sake.

I don't find the 2-3 thing unfair at all. It's just an excuse for losing. The best-of-5 is scary. It's either get winning or get losing and you're gone.

The Reds won 2 on the road.

The Nationals won on the road.

The Yankees won on the road.

The A's had a late lead in Game 2. They could have taken a split home, and been in a position to win 2 of 3 at home to advance. They lost, so they'll probably be eliminated.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Oct 7, 2012 -> 01:43 PM)
It just hurts even more, knowing that this Detroit team wasn't any better than us and here they are one win from the ALCS. What a complete choke job by us to give Detroit this opportunity.

Sorry but that team is much better than the Sox. It might be a good thing the Sox are not in it because of arm fatigue. I wouldn't be surprised if the Tigers went to the WS.

Havent had a chance to watch any of the games in full (Cut the cord so no tbs) but is it basically like it has been all season where Detroit just is not the same team on the road? Cause it certainly seemed that way just looking at the box score

QUOTE (Cali @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 11:22 AM)
Havent had a chance to watch any of the games in full (Cut the cord so no tbs) but is it basically like it has been all season where Detroit just is not the same team on the road? Cause it certainly seemed that way just looking at the box score

That's what happened last night. Their offense wasn't exactly tearing it up in Detroit either. Of their 8 runs, 3 were on errors, 1 on a wild pitch. Game 1 was won by Verlander's arm, game 2 was won by Oakland's miscues.