Marlins trade Buehrle, Josh Johnson, Reyes plus others to Blue Jays

Baron

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 05:17 PM)
Not really Sox news, but Mark Buehrle related.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Buerhle headed to #BlueJays along with Josh Johnson, sources tell me and @jonmorosi

Wow. That is a big move by Toronto. I wonder if they have the cash to sustain that group.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 03:46 PM)
So last year may have been one of the most epic fails ever in sports. I'd be calling about Stanton right now.

Hope Buehrle can hang in the AL East.

Didn't Boston and the Yankees always give Buehrle fits?

This might not be the best thing for him...

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 05:22 PM)
My goodness.... Yunel Escobar and ADEINY HECHAVARRIA (copy and pasted not capped for emphasis) are part of the deal...

AND Jose Reyes??!! what the hell is Toronto sending back?? (besides the 2 above)...The hell is Miami doing?

If they Jays are taking on the contracts, they really don't need to send back much. Buehrle and Reyes deals are backloaded like a motherf***er.

How many of these guys do the Jays send off somewhere else for prospects? There is no way they can absorb that much payroll, right?

Just counting additions for 2013....

Johnson -$13.75 ($13.75 left)

Reyes - $10 ($96 left)

Buehrle - $11 ($52 left)

Buck - $6 ($6 left)

Bonifacio - $4? ($4? left)

That's nearly $45M in just 2013 payroll, and about $172M in overall money.

As I understand it....

Toronto gets.....

Josh Johnson

Mark Buehrle

Jose Reyes

John Buck

Emilio Bonaficio

Miami gets.....

Yunel Escobar

Adeiny Hechavarria

Henderson Alvarez

Jake Marisnick OR Anthony Gose

Justin Nicolino

JP Arencibia OR Jeff Mathis OR Wilson

Marlins 2012 Payroll - About $100M

Marlins 2013 Payroll - About $20M

LOL.

QUOTE (flavum @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 04:02 PM)
Sox should trade Viciedo, Thompson, Sanchez, Santiago, and any two other eligible-to-be-traded milb players to the Marlins for Stanton.

Like I said... literally ANYONE but Sale. I'm fine with sending to Miami for Stanton. Any other position player, pitcher, and prospect they can have. 6-for-1 deal? 8-for-1? Don't care. Stanton is a BEAST.

QUOTE (flavum @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 06:02 PM)
Sox should trade Viciedo, Thompson, Sanchez, Santiago, and any two other eligible-to-be-traded milb players to the Marlins for Stanton.

Id love to see Stanton on the sox, there would be Joe Borchard-esque HRs every home game. This franchise is a disgrace, im dying to hear what the explanation from the higher ups is going to be. Theres never any damn consistency with us, its really amazing seeing your team get blown up every 2 years and watching former favorites flourish with other teams. Its only a matter of time before Stanton bolts, hopefully its to the white sox and not anywhere on the west coast.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 05:52 PM)
Money aside I'm sure that's not what Mark imagined going to play for Ozzie in MIA.

If Mark didn't see this coming, then he needs to hire a new agent.

This isn't the first time the Marlins have gone full firesale mode, there is a reason why they refuse to offer any no-trade clauses.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 07:09 PM)
Id love to see Stanton on the sox, there would be Joe Borchard-esque HRs every home game. This franchise is a disgrace, im dying to hear what the explanation from the higher ups is going to be. Theres never any damn consistency with us, its really amazing seeing your team get blown up every 2 years and watching former favorites flourish with other teams. Its only a matter of time before Stanton bolts, hopefully its to the white sox and not anywhere on the west coast.

LOL what? How does this trade make us look bad? You think we had an extra $40M or so to throw at this deal? Jays are taking on TONS of salary, salary the Sox didn't have the chance to throw around.

I thought you were talking about the Marlins at first, but then you said "us", so I'm confused.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 06:13 PM)
LOL what? How does this trade make us look bad? You think we had an extra $40M or so to throw at this deal? Jays are taking on TONS of salary, salary the Sox didn't have the chance to throw around.

I thought you were talking about the Marlins at first, but then you said "us", so I'm confused.

sorry for not clarifying

Sincerely,

Former Marlins Fan

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 14, 2012 -> 12:13 AM)

Look at his signature.