The Food

Texsox

Tonight will be pasta. I have to pick up my daughter at the airport, so we're fixin' a big pot of sauce and leaving it in the crock pot. Tomorrow I have some beautiful looking, Texas raised, NY strip steaks for out on the grill.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 24, 2012 -> 09:03 AM)
Christmas Eve we do the traditional 7 dishes of fish (which is just the worst for someone who hates fish). Tomorrow we'll be making a prime rib.

As someone who lives for great seafood, this tradition always makes me wish I was Italian at Christmas.

We'll have ham at the in-laws tomorrow, but I am already looking forward to our traditional fondue on New Years Eve, and black eyed peas on New Year's Day.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

Dinner tonight is at Wolfgang Puck's Cut, in the Palazzo. One of the best steakhouses in the world. It is the girlfriend's birthday. Tomorrow I will be warming up the Christmas meal she made separately for me, so I don't have to go to her family's house.

:)

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 24, 2012 -> 08:40 AM)
black eyed peas on New Year's Day.

Terlingua, Texas, just outside Big Bend National park has one of my all time favorite cooking events, the Pea Off on New Years Day. Nothing like sitting on the porch of the general store, eating black eyed peas and drinking beer with guys wearing shirts that cost more than the guy next to him will earn that year. They are also home to the original chili cook off and a spin off event the cookie chill off.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 24, 2012 -> 10:11 PM)
Had a brisket with my dad tonight. Hooray being half Jewish.

Food is my least favorite part of the holidays. I hate having to stuff my face with crappy food because people will be offended if I don't.

Crappy food? Your family sucks. Come to my xmas next time. GOOD food and booze.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 24, 2012 -> 09:24 AM)
Dinner tonight is at Wolfgang Puck's Cut, in the Palazzo. One of the best steakhouses in the world. It is the girlfriend's birthday. Tomorrow I will be warming up the Christmas meal she made separately for me, so I don't have to go to her family's house.

:)

Easily the best steak joint I've ever been to. When you're looking at Cut, there's a Mexican joint to the left that's really good as well. I stay at Palazzo every time I'm in Vegas because of those two places.

QUOTE (Tex @ Dec 24, 2012 -> 07:44 AM)
Tonight will be pasta. I have to pick up my daughter at the airport, so we're fixin' a big pot of sauce and leaving it in the crock pot. Tomorrow I have some beautiful looking, Texas raised, NY strip steaks for out on the grill.

OMG I should send you my address and see if you could FED EX one right off the grill into my mailbox. Already slipping in my own drool puddles just thiniking about it and picturing it. Hope you dont have a STRONG north-north east wind blowing when you cook them. If the scent reaches all the way over here I just may fall into a trance when it reaches my house. Have a GREAT Christams dinner and time with loved ones. Sounds lile you have a great plan and a good start to it already.

QUOTE (Tuna @ Dec 25, 2012 -> 12:41 AM)
Easily the best steak joint I've ever been to. When you're looking at Cut, there's a Mexican joint to the left that's really good as well. I stay at Palazzo every time I'm in Vegas because of those two places.

Yeah, it was my first time there, actually at the recommendation of my ex-gf, who is quite the foodie.

The service was phenomenal! Anything you could possibly want or need they are right there at your whim. There are a variety of cuts to select from, all expensive, but still from different budgets. Corn-fed from Illinois, Nebraska dry-aged, American wagyu as well as some Japanese wagyu. A very nice selection of sides and starters as well.

We did the 34 oz Porterhouse for two, along with a few sides. They bring the steak to your table and carve it off the bone for you. They served us each several slices from each side of the bone, one the NY and the other the filet side. Meat absolutely melted in your mouth.

Then they served a nice complimentary dessert because it was her bday.

It was definitely pricey (tab came to $200 w/ tip), but so worth it.

I will definitely go back.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 25, 2012 -> 12:06 PM)
Christmas Eve is always a Polish heavy meal at a relative's house. WAY too much kielbasa and pierogi. No plans today for once, probably just throwing a whole chicken in the oven. When we do have a real Christmas dinner, it's usually prime rib. I LOVE rare meat.

Polish meal is the way to go. Herring, borsch, bigos, yum yum.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 24, 2012 -> 06:42 PM)
I look forward to a Christmas ham for longer than I want to admit.

Jesus Christ.

Smoked, baked, glazed animal rump should not taste that good.

I think I ought to stop now. I don't think I can repeat that next year. F***.