Catch-All Anything Thread

cabiness42

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Feb 22, 2013 -> 08:39 AM)
Right before I clicked on the link I said, "I bet this was in Florida . . ."

The level of baddity that takes place on a seemingly daily basis in that state and makes it onto the news is truly something to behold. You could actually probably add a nightly Florida segment to most newscasts right along side Sports and Weather and it would thrive.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a while ago i was taking a bath. Got done and went into our family room and started to see water dripping from the ceiling right under the tub. Touched the ceilig and poked a hole in it and a waterfall of water poured out.

Just found out there is a 1" gape between the overflow drain pipe and the tube! Seriously, who installed this tub???

Is there any easy fixes that doesnt require me to call a plummer?

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 12:02 PM)
So a while ago i was taking a bath. Got done and went into our family room and started to see water dripping from the ceiling right under the tub. Touched the ceilig and poked a hole in it and a waterfall of water poured out.

Just found out there is a 1" gape between the overflow drain pipe and the tube! Seriously, who installed this tub???

Is there any easy fixes that doesnt require me to call a plummer?

Without pictures it's kind of tough to tell, but plumbing isn't very difficult. Just make sure you get the right cleaner/adhesive to apply before adding your PVC pieces.

The bigger mess is you'll have to take out any wet drywall or you'll get mold.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Feb 28, 2013 -> 10:56 AM)
It blows my mind that I wake up on one side of the Mississippi River and spend most of my day on the other side of the river. Just weird, since when I was a kid the Mississippi was 3-5 hours away, the gateway to magical lands like Missouri or Iowa.

Iowa really was a magical land back when I was of almost legal drinking age in Iowa (pre 1984 law change) but not even close in Illinois. My favorite two of the Quad Cities back then were the ones that would sell me beer.

The terrorists have won.

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating an incident during a flight from Colorado Springs to San Diego involving the Colorado College Ultimate Frisbee team.

The team was on a Frontier flight from Colorado Springs to San Diego over President's Day weekend. In midair, the team performed the recent popular dance, the "Harlem Shake."

Video of the dance was posted on YouTube and has been viewed more than 400,000 times. The video shows someone dancing in a mask in the aisle, while the other passengers ignore him. Then, the video cuts to all passengers dancing for the remainder of the song.

The second half of the video includes one passenger dancing in a banana costume, and another in an Abraham Lincoln mask.

The organizer of the dance did not want to be interviewed for the story. He told 7NEWS that it was planned one day before the flight to San Diego.

"Those are kids that go to our school, so you kind of feel related to them. (It's) like, 'I know them,' and everyone's watching them and it's really cool," said Colorado College freshman McQella Adams.

"And that they're on a plane because you wouldn't think that they'd do it on a plane and get everyone on the plane to join in," said Colorado College freshman Lauren Hahn.

7NEWS has confirmed the performance is now being investigated by the FAA.

"I wouldn’t think it would break anything because you're allowed to walk to the bathroom at certain times, unless they were taking off or landing," said Adams.

"Random turbulence, they could be worried about," said Hahn.

7NEWS checked with Frontier Airlines about the investigation.

"All safety measures were followed and the seat belt sign was off," said spokeswoman Kate O'Malley.

"The USA swim team did the same thing to 'Call Me Maybe' on their airplane and (I) never heard anything about that," said Hahn.

En route to the London Olympics, Colorado resident Missy Franklin and the U.S. Swim Team performed a "lip dub" to the popular song, "Call Me Maybe." The video, viewed more than 11 million times, included the swim team singing and dancing down the aisle of a flight.

- See more at: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local...h.1AvVobbd.dpuf

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Mar 1, 2013 -> 10:35 AM)
I lost a bet a while ago and have to wear a cubs jersey to work for a day. Today is the day I finally had to pay up. Mortifying sitting around in a Derek Lee jersey all day.

Where there any stipulations about wearing something over it? or maybe inside out?

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Mar 1, 2013 -> 01:55 PM)
I have to wear it in the normal fashion for the 8 hours of the work day. After that, I'm free to do anything I want to do with it. Suggestions?

Use it to ask for loose change around Wrigley. Say it's for the building fund.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Mar 1, 2013 -> 12:55 PM)
I have to wear it in the normal fashion for the 8 hours of the work day. After that, I'm free to do anything I want to do with it. Suggestions?

Wipe your butt with it

Piss on it

Vomit on it (optional)

Paint face like Mayan warrior

Saturate with gasoline

Light match

Stomp around the circle and grunt, howl, and moan like an ape

Beat the fire with a club like the apes in 2001: A Space Odyssey