2013 Films Thread

cabiness42

QUOTE (Brian @ May 12, 2013 -> 05:50 AM)
Because its creepy or you didn't like it?

I thought it was good. Original concept that worked. Director used lighting really well. I liked that we didn't see anything outside the coffin.

Because it freaked me out and is the only movie that has ever given me physical anxiety. Lol. It was a good movie, it just really stressed me out.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ May 14, 2013 -> 07:29 AM)
Looking forward to it. Never seen one episode of any series and only saw Search for Spock as a kid, but loved the reboot.

Updated to reflect my situation. The movie from a few years ago was badass.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 13, 2013 -> 10:07 PM)
Would have enjoyed it (Pain & Gain) a lot more without having read the detailed Collins story on actual story.

Dwayne Johnson's character has totally been changed from real life.

Wahlberg did an interview on Howard Stern and said they never even met w/ the guys who did these crimes and they decided since no one else probably knows who these guys are, he could change their characters without anyone saying anything.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 15, 2013 -> 02:32 PM)
I got suckered into watching the Chaperone on cable the other night by its description. What a god awful steaming pile of s*** that was. If anyone thinks about watching it, kick yourself in the nuts. It is less painful.

Is that the HHH movie?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 15, 2013 -> 02:32 PM)
I got suckered into watching the Chaperone on cable the other night by its description. What a god awful steaming pile of s*** that was. If anyone thinks about watching it, kick yourself in the nuts. It is less painful.

Who suckered you into watching it? Next time say NO!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 16, 2013 -> 12:23 AM)
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20658669,00.html

Star Trek review from Entertainment Weekly, an A.

Why single them out in particular when there are a plethora of more respected reviewers? They're sort of the People Magazine of entertainment news. *shrugs*

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 17, 2013 -> 06:22 PM)
Why single them out in particular when there are a plethora of more respected reviewers? They're sort of the People Magazine of entertainment news. *shrugs*

I don't know, I think in some ways, they're the perfect reflection of mainstream or popular culture.

You're right, when you look at "critical" reviews, you should start with Variety, LA Times, NY Times, etc.

Plus, 90% of the time I tend to agree with their two main reviewers, Owen Glieberman and Lisa. Can't remember her last name off the top of my head.

And usually I sample the top critics at rottentomatoes.com when I'm not sure about a movie. But I can't think of very many movies I've simply refused to see sheerly based on critical reaction.