2013 Films Thread

cabiness42

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 7, 2013 -> 09:58 PM)
One thing's for sure, we won't see Thomas Jane or Nicolas Cage anymore.

Ben Affleck, with his career on the ascent again...that would be an interesting choice for him to go back into the comic genre. You could easily see him deciding to part ways with that role and move on, though.

The actor in DREDD, not the Stallone version but the one that came out last year...I think he would be a good candidate, Karl Urban. That movie was actually very good, even if most people didn't see it. With the right marketing machine behind it...

DREDD was one of the best comic to movie adaptations. It should have done a lot better at the box office. That previous movie with Sylvester Stallone really damaged the franchise.

I'm really looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy. Such an awesome comic book series, but it is going to be interesting to see how it plays as movie. Pretty much Marvels version of a Star Trek/Star Wars type world.

My personal favorite cheesy Thomas Jane movie is the one with Samuel L. Jackson, Saffron Burrows (who had a gratuitous, PG-13ish "stripping" out of a scuba suit scene, which was of course necessary because of the always plot-friendly electricity/water combination) and LOTS OF SHARKS.

Think it was called "Deep Blue Sea."

Best Samuel L. Jackson one-liner of his career...

Edited by caulfield12

BTW, Rust & Bone with Marion Cotillard wasn't a bad flick at all.

It has received a curious set of reviews. Some absolutely love it, many hate it and the box office was pretty much non-existent (partly because of the French language it was filmed in).

The Great Gatsby with 19 negative reviews so far and 15 positive.

Never thought a Michael Bay movie (Pain & Gain) would outdo a Baz Luhrmann one.

The ew.com reviewer gave it a B-.

Carey Mulligan really needs to find another role that will test her acting chops. Moreso than emoting as Daisy Buchanan. Scar-Jo or Amanda Seyfried could just as easily do that.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 8, 2013 -> 09:17 PM)
The Great Gatsby with 19 negative reviews so far and 15 positive.

Never thought a Michael Bay movie (Pain & Gain) would outdo a Baz Luhrmann one.

The ew.com reviewer gave it a B-.

Carey Mulligan really needs to find another role that will test her acting chops. Moreso than emoting as Daisy Buchanan. Scar-Jo or Amanda Seyfried could just as easily do that.

First of all, Pain & Gain rocked.

Second of all, you knew Great Gatsby would suck. They've been making that movie for like 3 years and have re-edited it like 800 times. I think I first saw a preview for it in like 2011.

Edited by Steve9347

Anyone else looking forward to The World's End? The last film of Edgar Wright's trilogy with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. This movie is about a bar crawl. Along with so much more. I have been waiting for this one for a couple years now. Seek it out.

Caulfield have you seen Dead Man's Shoes with Paddy Considine? Lesser known to many, but he is a damn fine actor. He collaborates with Shane Meadows often... you may know of This Is England.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419677/reference

QUOTE (qwerty @ May 9, 2013 -> 08:08 PM)
Anyone else looking forward to The World's End? The last film of Edgar Wright's trilogy with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. This movie is about a bar crawl. Along with so much more. I have been waiting for this one for a couple years now. Seek it out.

Caulfield have you seen Dead Man's Shoes with Paddy Considine? Lesser known to many, but he is a damn fine actor. He collaborates with Shane Meadows often... you may know of This Is England.

I'm really looking forward to worlds end, the preview is hilarious

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/09/s-h-i-e-l-d-series-order/

It's TV, but it's also movie related and we've been talking Avengers/Iron Man so much recently, so stuck it here.

Lots of controvery whether SHIELD will be picked up, at what cost, if there will be an Avenger in it, and whether the Hulk will be a part of the project?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (qwerty @ May 9, 2013 -> 07:08 PM)

Will have to check it out, I really enjoyed his work on the "In America" project.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 9, 2013 -> 08:52 PM)
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/09/s-h-i-e-l-d-series-order/

It's TV, but it's also movie related and we've been talking Avengers/Iron Man so much recently, so stuck it here.

Lots of controvery whether SHIELD will be picked up, at what cost, if there will be an Avenger in it, and whether the Hulk will be a part of the project?

Whedon has already said any major Heros will have cameos if anything. This is supposed to be about SHIELD and their job after the events of Avengers.

I don't see how this isn't picked up by ABC

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 10, 2013 -> 09:56 AM)
That looks pretty intense.

This is actually one of my recurring nightmares. I have had it on and off since I was a teenager, woke up screaming a few times.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 10, 2013 -> 10:04 AM)
That looks ridiculous. And not in a good way. An hour and a half of random intense HANG ON OH MY GOD WOOOO WE HELD ON. Rinse repeat. Forget that.

I think Cuaron is better than that

QUOTE (qwerty @ May 9, 2013 -> 08:08 PM)

Been looking forward to that as well.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 10, 2013 -> 10:04 AM)
<!--quoteo(post=2799024:date=May 9, 2013 -> 07:38 PM:name=KyYlE23)-->
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 9, 2013 -> 07:38 PM)
<!--quotec-->

That looks ridiculous. And not in a good way. An hour and a half of random intense HANG ON OH MY GOD WOOOO WE HELD ON. Rinse repeat. Forget that.

Ever see BURIED? Could be similar. I'll see how this is constructed before judging.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 11, 2013 -> 10:19 PM)
I don't recommend anyone see it....ever.

Because its creepy or you didn't like it?

I thought it was good. Original concept that worked. Director used lighting really well. I liked that we didn't see anything outside the coffin.