2013 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (juddling @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 08:01 AM)
My question is if I skip over the Colin Hanks season and pick up with last season....am I really going to miss anything big??? anything that I might need to know???

Just the final minute which is replayed at the start of season 7. You will be better off not watching the Colin Hanks season.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone watch Under the Dome? My wife and I gave it a shot because a lot of the reviewers (like Sepinwall) said it was decent and had a chance to be good. I dunno, seemed really cheesy to me. It just has "network drama" written all over it. Could have been better on cable.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 10:26 AM)
Anyone watch Under the Dome? My wife and I gave it a shot because a lot of the reviewers (like Sepinwall) said it was decent and had a chance to be good. I dunno, seemed really cheesy to me. It just has "network drama" written all over it. Could have been better on cable.

it wasnt bad. has some potential.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 10:42 AM)
This season of Mad Men was one of my favorite seasons of any television show ever.

a_560x0.jpg

The gif would work better with audio. Funny moment.

Watching Ray Donovan and kind of bored. 20 mins in.

One more episode of True Blood and I may finally quit. I hate but can't stop watching.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 12:16 PM)
Yeah the show comes off as so fake, even for a reality show.

I mean, OBVIOUSLY parts of it are fake. The murder scenes are obviously acted out, the the little speech they all give at the end to the killer is clearly rehearsed, and the way people react to each murder is way over the top, but I think the last part is just that the contestants are told to ham it up to make it seem like a real person was just killed. As for the people on the show, I think they are actually real people and not actors, and I think their interactions amongst each other are all real. It's just the added drama and crying and shock when someone dies that is over the top and annoying.

Either way, I am just interesting in figuring out each crime and figuring out who the killer is above everything else, and scripted or not, that's still something real to the viewers.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 11:23 AM)
In conclusion, it's not even close to being as awesome as The Mole. That was the best reality/competition show I've ever seen.

I hope you mean the first two seasons and not the crappy celebrity ones.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 11:42 AM)
This season of Mad Men was one of my favorite seasons of any television show ever.

a_560x0.jpg

this season was BORING for the most part, not as good as other seasons.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 04:14 PM)
Still sticking w/ my guess of Mellinda (sp?) in Whodunnit. Unfortunately I spend most of my time figuring out if these people are actors, not if they are the killer or not.

Same. I'm not even sure what we should be looking for to determine the killer.

And I don't think the contestants do either... it seems like they're almost all guessing based on who they find unlikeable.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 01:04 PM)
+1. Boring, boring, boring, then excellent finale.

What I think is happening with me, is that I am watching this short run series (Mad Men, GOT, SOA, Breaking Bad) when I watch them all at once to catch up they seem awesome then the time off is so great that I am expecting something that cannot be achieved and thus I am not happy with the show. This past February I watched GOT over a three week span and it was awesome then when I watched it weekly it was frustrating.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 01:32 PM)
What I think is happening with me, is that I am watching this short run series (Mad Men, GOT, SOA, Breaking Bad) when I watch them all at once to catch up they seem awesome then the time off is so great that I am expecting something that cannot be achieved and thus I am not happy with the show. This past February I watched GOT over a three week span and it was awesome then when I watched it weekly it was frustrating.

My problem with it was nothing happened, and worse, various themes and plot developments were being repeated. Whoa, hey, Don's cheating? And he feels bad about it? Haven't seen that before. Whoa, hey, Don and the firm are in rut but manage to pull of a miracle and land a big client? Haven't seen that either. Hey, is that Don in California living it up? Totally new!

When I say boring it's obviously relative to other shows on TV. It's still a good show with the potential to hit great status every now and again. And there are always great moments in the episodes even if the episodes themselves can be slow and boring. I just expect more. We have one season left. Let's get going on wrapping up the story. The finale was a great start to that.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 11:07 AM)
I think she was either a friend/enemy of Harry back in the day, based on her age and knowledge of Dex/Harry, access to drawings.

She helped Harry create The Code

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 02:39 PM)
My problem with it was nothing happened, and worse, various themes and plot developments were being repeated. Whoa, hey, Don's cheating? And he feels bad about it? Haven't seen that before. Whoa, hey, Don and the firm are in rut but manage to pull of a miracle and land a big client? Haven't seen that either. Hey, is that Don in California living it up? Totally new!

When I say boring it's obviously relative to other shows on TV. It's still a good show with the potential to hit great status every now and again. And there are always great moments in the episodes even if the episodes themselves can be slow and boring. I just expect more. We have one season left. Let's get going on wrapping up the story. The finale was a great start to that.

I agree with this and I have to admit that watching them all on say netflix, seems to make them more enjoyable and obviously move quicker. I didn't really think the season finale was anything special either. It wasn't bad but it didn't leave me wanting to see what's next as much as other seasons have.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 02:15 PM)
Same. I'm not even sure what we should be looking for to determine the killer.

And I don't think the contestants do either... it seems like they're almost all guessing based on who they find unlikeable.

Ha, yeah, I definitely noticed they are all picking people they don't like. That TV Reporter chick is so annoying, and I hate her too, but that doesn't mean she's the killer.

I've finished 11 episodes of House of Cards (a Netflix joint). It's freaking awesome.

I really enjoyed the Ray Donovan premiere, hopefully it doesn't get too cheesy.

I'm re-watching Veep seasons 1 and 2 because it's easily the best comedy on television. Please start watching people if you don't already.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 11:23 AM)
In conclusion, it's not even close to being as awesome as The Mole. That was the best reality/competition show I've ever seen.

Other than the Challenge of course. One week until Rivals 2 begins!