Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 02:50 PM)
Te'o admits that he lied.

Good for him for admitting it finally. I think by now 99% of the public realizes he didn't come up with the hoax originally. With that said, his agent/PR team is an idiot for having him do this interview. The story was quickly fading away this week.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 12:40 PM)
So the NCAA f***ed up the Miami investigation through improperly hiring Shapiro's lawyer and illegally interviewing witnesses. Awesome work guys.

I like ESPNs article title

Miami allegations to wait as NCAA probes itself

At this point, I just dont know if I really care anymore. Laws werent broken, it is ridiculous in itself and self aggrandizing(my opinion of him, of course), but nobody was really harmed except for Te'os reputation for the rest of his life.

We all want the "GOTCHA" moment, but once we get it, then what? He moves on with his life, gets drafted, and plays football for the next 10 years(maybe) with fans of opposing teams ridiculing him.

This Katie Couric interview doesnt really change anything for me. It still looks like a stupid backstory created by his PR team.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 24, 2013 -> 07:59 AM)
At this point, I just dont know if I really care anymore. Laws werent broken, it is ridiculous in itself and self aggrandizing(my opinion of him, of course), but nobody was really harmed except for Te'os reputation for the rest of his life.

We all want the "GOTCHA" moment, but once we get it, then what? He moves on with his life, gets drafted, and plays football for the next 10 years(maybe) with fans of opposing teams ridiculing him.

This Katie Couric interview doesnt really change anything for me. It still looks like a stupid backstory created by his PR team.

I don't care about any football/ND stuff anymore with this case, I'm just kind of intrigued about the weirdness of it all.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 24, 2013 -> 08:17 AM)
I don't care about any football/ND stuff anymore with this case, I'm just kind of intrigued about the weirdness of it all.

I was intrigued, but I have already become tired of it because people are treating it like it is the most important thing in sports right now. It isnt even close.

Yeah I don't care about it anymore either. It was weird enough that it was worth following for a couple days, but now that I have, it's done and over with as far as I'm concerned. I've heard enough, come to my own conclusion regarding it, and I don't need to hear anymore.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 07:40 PM)
So the NCAA f***ed up the Miami investigation through improperly hiring Shapiro's lawyer and illegally interviewing witnesses. Awesome work guys.

this is the most ridiculous thing ever. I feel like the internal probe and delay will last forever, and then they will just silently kill the case when people aren't talking about it anymore.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 24, 2013 -> 10:23 AM)
this is the most ridiculous thing ever. I feel like the internal probe and delay will last forever, and then they will just silently kill the case when people aren't talking about it anymore.

That's what will happen.

When the Yahoo article came out, so many people were wanting death penalty type sanctions that anything less will to those people will be an outrage. But in reality Miami has pretty much been punished by self imposing and having this drag out for two years. Other than taking some scholarships, there isn't much the NCAA can do.