2013-2014 NFL Thread

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 08:46 PM)
wow, Pitta is out now? I was watching NFL Network earlier during their camp show and they were saying he may be out for week 1. That escalated quickly.

Just the season opener was the original diagnosis, but then Adam Schefter & ESPN announced him out for the whole season. It's not official yet though.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 02:30 PM)
And it isn't even close. Our dline is extremely thin. Kyle, outside of Wooten, Shea, and Peppers, there is nothing all that grand about our ends either. Idonjie clearly had a place on this roster and would have been an excellent vet to have filling in and playing on pass rushing downs. For god sakes Kyle, you are listing guys like Irvin. Irvin is a giant nobody compared to Idonjie.

Emery screwed the pooch on that. Thankfully, Wooten is starting to look like a player. I'm curious to see if he can stay healthy and also see how he can continue his development without Marinelli around (and if he will continue to take steps forward).

I think Nick Collins is the one to look out for in the DT group, and Washinton in the DE group.

Honestly I thought Idonije was just a guy last year. I'm not gonna get that upset over a 4th or 5th guy in the rotation

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 08:58 PM)
Just the season opener was the original diagnosis, but then Adam Schefter & ESPN announced him out for the whole season. It's not official yet though.

Dislocated hip. Can't imagine that is an injury that you can come back from quickly

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 03:20 PM)
Just to recap:

1st play of 1st practice: Cutler interception

1st play of 2nd practice: Cutler interception

1st play of 3rd practice: Cutler incomplete pass

#Progress :P

hBFACD2FA.jpg

image.jpg

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 04:28 PM)
How many of those guys would you really want re-signed right now? Peanut is old, Jennings has had one good season, Melton is already over paid, Jay is going to get an extension one way or another, Wright and Wootton...possibly if they're cheap but it's not like they're irreplaceable and do you really want to pay Robbie Gould 4 million a year?

Even if you wanted to sign all of them, you couldn't. Cutler and Melton are probably must players to bring back, but both are going to break the bank big time. I can see them not wanting to bring Tillman and Jennings back because of age, but who replaces them?

Plus you have Briggs and Marshall as free agents the next year. Marshall will want to be one of the highest paid WR in the NFL.

The Bears bad drafting and big free agent spending is going to hurt them in the next few years.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 11:16 AM)
Right calf strain. I didn't see anything about being out more than the rest of today though.

Zach Zaidman said it on the score. Said they would take it slow

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 10:30 AM)
Why is Greg Jennings ripping on Aaron Rodgers? Doesnt he know who his current QB is? He is going to be wishing for AR this time next year

Because he thinks it will create some unrest in Green Bay and maybe negatively impact the Packers. Not saying it will, but that is what Greg Jennings seems to be thinking.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 01:03 PM)
Because he thinks it will create some unrest in Green Bay and maybe negatively impact the Packers. Not saying it will, but that is what Greg Jennings seems to be thinking.

One would think he would know better than to try to rattle Rodgers that way.

It won't work. Even Leslie Frazier told Jennings to shut up.

Jennings has been spoiled when it comes to QB play. Wait till he goes to catch a pass from Ponder and falls two feet in front of him.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 02:37 PM)
It won't work. Even Leslie Frazier told Jennings to shut up.

Jennings has been spoiled when it comes to QB play. Wait till he goes to catch a pass from Ponder and falls two feet in front of him.

Do they let injured players warm up backup QBs?