2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 04:38 PM)
I was having this conversation with my roommates this week: if you could pick one player to start a franchise with, who would it be? We were basically all torn between Luck, Wilson and Rodgers.

Garrison Sanborn

I was having this conversation with my roommates this week: if you could pick one player to start a franchise with, who would it be? We were basically all torn between Luck, Wilson and Rodgers.

Rodgers case closed there is no further discussion. Carry on.

One of these things is not like the others. Wilson doesn't belong in the same conversation with the other two.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 03:36 PM)
One of these things is not like the others. Wilson doesn't belong in the same conversation with the other two.

He was 30 seconds away from leading his team to the NFC Championship game in his rookie season and he's led his team to an 8-1 record this year with arguably one of the worst group of WRs I've ever seen.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 04:50 PM)
Rodgers case closed there is no further discussion. Carry on.

Rodgers is 5 years older so you have to keep that in mind.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 05:36 PM)

Rodgers is obviously better than both at the moment but Wilson absolutely belongs in the same category as Luck.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 05:49 PM)
He was 30 seconds away from leading his team to the NFC Championship game in his rookie season and he's led his team to an 8-1 record this year with arguably one of the worst group of WRs I've ever seen.

Mark Sanchez went to the AFC Championship Game in each of his first two seasons.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 05:49 PM)
Rodgers is 5 years older so you have to keep that in mind.

Rodgers is obviously better than both at the moment but Wilson absolutely belongs in the same category as Luck.

Rodgers and Luck have the potential to be in the discussion of greatest QBs ever. Wilson does not. He's a great player but not on the same level as the other two.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 06:01 PM)
Rodgers and Luck have the potential to be in the discussion of greatest QBs ever. Wilson does not. He's a great player but not on the same level as the other two.

Whether you look at the skillet of Wilson or look at the stats he's absolutely in the discussion with Luck. I've seen every snap of Wilson's career and I'd say he has a stronger arm and is more accurate than Luck while Andrew is more physically imposing. I couldn't care less about the Seahawks record when evaluating qb's but Wilson is every bit as good as Luck, if not better.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 07:16 PM)
Whether you look at the skillet of Wilson or look at the stats he's absolutely in the discussion with Luck. I've seen every snap of Wilson's career and I'd say he has a stronger arm and is more accurate than Luck while Andrew is more physically imposing. I couldn't care less about the Seahawks record when evaluating qb's but Wilson is every bit as good as Luck, if not better.

Wilson has a much better team, had the luxury of running the read option while teams didn't know how to defend it, and has a much better running game to fall back on. Lynch was a 1600 yard rusher last year. Seattle is loaded.

You might be able to argue that Wilson is as good as Luck right now, which I would disagree with, but Luck clearly projects to be better than Wilson.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 06:16 PM)

I haven't seen as much of Wilson and his offense may be holding him back, but I still don't see an all time great QB like I do with the other two. I have been proven to be wrong once or twice. :D

I feel like tonight's game is pretty damn important in determining the future of this Bears team.

If McCown plays as well as he did last week, I think that says a lot about Trestman's system, which could result in the Bears not signing Cutler and drafting a QB in the first round next year.

If McCown plays like crap, then you can bet Cutler's coming back next year.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 06:43 PM)
Wilson has a much better team, had the luxury of running the read option while teams didn't know how to defend it, and has a much better running game to fall back on. Lynch was a 1600 yard rusher last year. Seattle is loaded.

You might be able to argue that Wilson is as good as Luck right now, which I would disagree with, but Luck clearly projects to be better than Wilson.

He's also had an awful receiving core. And I haven't even talked about the read option, Wilson's passing stats are arguably better than Luck's this year with no receivers and no offensive line. And once again, Luck is taller and bigger but Wilson is more accurate and has a better arm IMO, I really don't think he projects to be better, they are neck and neck in my opinion.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 05:49 PM)

Also, an absolutely dreadful offensive line