2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its a massive overpay.

They must have had some sort of handshake agreement prior to McCown showing that it wasnt the QB it was the system.

Anyway, I wouldnt mind getting Connor Shaw (QB) as an undrafted rookie or as a 7th rounder. I know I saw probably his best game ever, but he didnt make mistakes and could be a solid back up.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 12:51 PM)
Oh my goodness, I am so embarrassed to have missed some discussion on a message board! I should have spent more time during the holidays on your take on it!

I didn't post anything about it.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 01:41 PM)

Thanks. Are those all of the QB's who have had a QBR between 60 and 70 at the age of 30 since 2006? The sample size isn't very large, and there could be other contributing factors for them.

edit: so at 31 Manning had a Pro Bowl season before having a crap season this year. Roethlisburger's QBR has been declining pretty steadily since 2009. Vick cratered last year at 32 but recovered somewhat this year at the age of 33.

edit2: Aaron Rodgers is 30 and posted a similar QBR this year. Should the Packers be worried about him?

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 01:49 PM)
What is the point of this post?

Huh? What's the point of any post? I compared Cutler's turnover rate to Favre's and thought it was interesting. Cutler averages 1.317 TOs per game, Favre was at 1.354 per game over his entire career.

If only Cutler could find the end zone like Favre...

Let's be real though, Favre put up some absolute duds in several seasons. His worst seasons were sub-Cutler, but his best seasons got you rings.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 01:55 PM)
Huh? What's the point of any post? I compared Cutler's turnover rate to Favre's and thought it was interesting. Cutler averages 1.317 TOs per game, Favre was at 1.354 per game over his entire career.

Generally the point is to make statements that are thought provoking.

I just wanted to make sure you were doing nonsense Packer baiting and not actually suggesting that Cutler is equivalent to Farve.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 02:18 PM)
Samuel BlackwellThe Halas Holla...We Bleed Navy and Orange

Jay Cutler in 5 years with Bears: 101 TDs, 75 INTs, 83.1 rating. Bears QBs in 5 years before Cutler trade: 82 TDs, 88 INTs, 69.7 rating.

Yeah, and this is why a lot of people defended Cutler. Life without Cutler sucked a lot.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 02:11 PM)
Generally the point is to make statements that are thought provoking.

I just wanted to make sure you were doing nonsense Packer baiting and not actually suggesting that Cutler is equivalent to Farve.

It was only like 10-20% Bears/Packers baiting, but that's part of the point of message boards anyway.

Plently of people have compared Cutler to Favre because of the "gunslinging" and when they both think they see a window, they will force the ball in there, interception be damned. Thought it would be interesting to see if Favre also had a ton of turnovers per game. Obviously his success puts him in a different stratosphere than Cutler.

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 03:18 PM)
Samuel BlackwellThe Halas Holla...We Bleed Navy and Orange

Jay Cutler in 5 years with Bears: 101 TDs, 75 INTs, 83.1 rating. Bears QBs in 5 years before Cutler trade: 82 TDs, 88 INTs, 69.7 rating.

The median QB Rating over the last 3 years (15 teams worse, 15 better): 82.5.

83.1 would be good for the #14 team quarterback rating over the past 3 years.