2013-2014 NFL Thread

Im glad you arent drafting

I am too. They've got their work cut out for them.

As of now, I want Clinton-Dix. But if the Bears think Manziel or whoever is around at 14 can be really good two seasons from now they have to gobble him up. Clinton-Dix will probably not be good enough to will this team to the playoffs routinely, whereas a stud QB will. I still think they go defense at 14, but I won't be shocked if they draft a QB.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 10:18 AM)
I am too. They've got their work cut out for them.

As of now, I want Clinton-Dix. But if the Bears think Manziel or whoever is around at 14 can be really good two seasons from now they have to gobble him up. Clinton-Dix will probably not be good enough to will this team to the playoffs routinely, whereas a stud QB will. I still think they go defense at 14, but I won't be shocked if they draft a QB.

We just gave near $50 million in guaranteed money to a QB, there ain't no way they are drafting a QB in round one.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 10:33 AM)
Anyone listening to the press conference?

Very strange how Emery/Trestman were talking about McClellin.

They know that he has to produce this upcoming year, he is running out of excuses

He'd have got over 20M per year in FA, imo. There would have been quite a few teams bidding for his services. I am very excited that the Bears made the moves they did today. All 3 key players to have back and Emery/Trestman will be very busy laying out their plans for retooling the defense internally (I'm sure they already have quite a few plans and Bennett's brother is probably one of them). They clearly blasted Shea, but also highlighted he has potential and they need to do a better job coaching.

It also sounded like Emery wants Bostic on the outside vs. inside, so put MLB as a major need. I presume we'll try to bring DJ Williams back (although you have to question his durability at this point) and draft a MLB.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 10:44 AM)
Martellus Bennett was on B&B monday, and it really seemed like bringing his brother to the team is a big priority for him.

His brother is going to where the money is. He will get big bucks.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 10:50 AM)
That's a lot of money for a guy that hasn't played a full season in 4 years and has played 10 or 11 games in 2 of the last 3. And for a guy that's 1-9 against the Packers. And for a guy that has won, what, one playoff game?

That playoff win was against a 7-9 at home.

That's a lot of money for a guy that hasn't played a full season in 4 years and has played 10 or 11 games in 2 of the last 3. And for a guy that's 1-9 against the Packers. And for a guy that has won, what, one playoff game?

THIS X Infinity

In fairness to Jay, the Bears beat the Packers on Sunday... well, the offense did. The defense.. not so much.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 11:59 AM)
In fairness to Jay, the Bears beat the Packers on Sunday... well, the offense did. The defense.. not so much.

Well, in fairness to the defense, the Packers averaged over 26 ppg this season and over 30 in games Rodgers played...so 33 wasn't a terrifically bad showing.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 10:44 AM)
Martellus Bennett was on B&B monday, and it really seemed like bringing his brother to the team is a big priority for him.

I'd like him, but I might rather switch to a 3-4. Not sure that he is a 3-4 DE. Wootton and Melton would make ideal 3-4 DEs.

Today's passer did indicate they were going to evaluate "scheme" but that could just be talk.

It's definitely a deal laden with risk. However, if I trust Trotman, that means I trust that he knows what he needs under center.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 11:04 AM)
Well, in fairness to the defense, the Packers averaged over 26 ppg this season and over 30 in games Rodgers played...so 33 wasn't a terrifically bad showing.

33 is a terrifically bad showing under any circumstance

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 11:06 AM)
Jen Lada ‏@JenLada 24m

Emery: Jay doesn't have to be better than Aaron Rodgers, our team has to be better than the Green Bay Packers.

Well worded. not the Lovie line about beating the Packers. It's all about being BETTER than them.