2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 24, 2014 -> 04:30 PM)
This reminds me of that movie Joe Versus The Volcano.

One of my favorites. A young Meg Ryan playing 3 different roles. Not quite Orphan Black but still characters.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 24, 2014 -> 11:25 AM)
Nope, I'm deducing from your own words and drawing conclusions.

If I said "I like the color blue and no other colors" and someone said "so you don't like red," I couldn't counter that with "I DIDN'T SAY THAT, NOW DID I?" because I quite clearly implied that I did say that.

Again, you said "Richard Sherman is acting like an idiot." Thus, at one point, you felt he was an idiot. An idiot is a stupid person. A stupid person lacks intelligence. Thus, at one point in time, you felt that Richard Sherman lacked intelligence.

(turns to judge) Your Honor, I rest my case.

Your analogy sucks. You are essentially taking someone saying "Red looks the best in this room" and stretching it to "Red is your favorite color?". That what you are doing here.

Has any president ever done anything stupid before? If you think one of them has, then you are saying that US president is in fact stupid and lacks intelligence. Have you ever done something stupid before? If you have, then you in fact are a stupid person and lack intelligence.

That is the gist of your ridiculously stupid argument.

OH s***, I just called your argument stupid. I shall then deduce that and draw the conclusion that every argument you make is stupid.

*Drops the mic

The economy of the state of Texas depends on the Superbowl coming through twice a decade? I'm skeptical.

OK maybe not Texas, but Miami, New Orleans, and Phoenix would fight like hell to keep the SB from going to a permanent location (unless it's their own), and now that Jerry has his palace he would probably join the fight.

Just be glad the Super Bowl isn't in London.

Yet.

I know Goodell has talked about this, but I don't see it happening. The Super Bowl is played from 6:30-10:30 pm ET on a Sunday, because that is the exact window that gets the absolute highest TV ratings, which in turn gets the absolute maximum TV contract from the networks. Having a Super Bowl in London means kickoff is no later than 3pm ET.

I don't know much about sports on TV in Europe, but there would have to be an awfully big ratings boost there in order for it to make financial sense to do it.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 25, 2014 -> 08:37 AM)
I know Goodell has talked about this, but I don't see it happening. The Super Bowl is played from 6:30-10:30 pm ET on a Sunday, because that is the exact window that gets the absolute highest TV ratings, which in turn gets the absolute maximum TV contract from the networks. Having a Super Bowl in London means kickoff is no later than 3pm ET.

I don't know much about sports on TV in Europe, but there would have to be an awfully big ratings boost there in order for it to make financial sense to do it.

Would 11:30 local time be too late to start the game? Could they push it to 10:30 and do an hour earlier in the U.S.?

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 24, 2014 -> 11:20 PM)
The creation of a permanent SB site would be the most politically charged, corrupt thing to ever happen

185 Nepalese workers (which is only one sixth of Qatars workforce) died last year building cities that don't yet exist for a World Cup still 8 years away. Yeah nothing will ever top Fifas corruption. The IOC too.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 26, 2014 -> 11:30 AM)
"Peyton Manning's legacy is tarnished because he can only win super bowls under bad conditions when the running game has to carry him".

You seriously comparing the Bears D in that last super bowl to this Seattle D? LOL

Advanced DVOA stats have this Seattle D ranked higher than the 2000 Ravens.

Edited by BigSqwert