2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 11:52 AM)
So 7 touchdowns, 5 of which weren't entirely significant, are outweighed by 2 touchdowns, with one being most significant?

Dumbest s*** I've ever read in my life.

Don't tell me what he's hitting, but when he's hitting. This sounds like a hawk stat.

Did anyone hear Jamie Dukes on Mully & Hanley? He said that watching the Bears it looked exactly like Lovie was coaching and absolutely nothing was different. Then he insinuated not only was Lovie fired for a racist reason, but that is also the reason why he isn't employed.

Today Laurence Holmes got into a little twitter war with him over it, he was sincerely pissed off about it.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/09/10/jam...nt-than-lovies/

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 10:44 PM)
Did anyone hear Jamie Dukes on Mully & Hanley? He said that watching the Bears it looked exactly like Lovie was coaching and absolutely nothing was different. Then he insinuated not only was Lovie fired for a racist reason, but that is also the reason why he isn't employed.

Today Laurence Holmes got into a little twitter war with him over it, he was sincerely pissed off about it.

Missing the playoffs 5 out of 6 years will get you fired from most teams. Dukes a moron.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 10:44 PM)

I blame Mully & Hanley for having some guy nobody's ever heard of on their show.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 07:45 AM)
true, but that's a very low hurdle to clear

All I ask for when I listen to a morning show is Chicago based sports talk, and never having to listen to ESPN made up storylines. m&h provide that so we are all good

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 07:46 AM)
Did Jamie Duke expect to see the entirety of a new offensive system in the first game?

I'm not sure what Dukes wanted. Not really sure what he watched either. He got punked on twitter when he condescendingly asked for examples of differences

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 01:58 PM)
That 7th touchdown wasn't significant because of the 6 other touchdowns you threw, therefore you didn't perform as well!

Come on Steve, this is obviously a good metric.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Oh yeah.

Butt-head.png

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 10:48 PM)
FWIW, this thread is presenting QBR in a far more simplistic way than it is really calculated

Yes, but there is still extreme bias in the statistic, and frankly, much of it does have to do with when QBs throw. They are essentially saying that a 25 yard pass setting up 1st and goal at the 2 with 6:32 in the 1st quarter is not as valuable as a 10 yard pass for a first down at your own 43 with 1:00 in the 4th quarter because the 10 yard pass is a first down and gets you "closer" to the end of the game.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 11:06 AM)
Colin Cowherd is easily the most annoying ESPN talking head and that's saying something.

There's no way he's worse than Skip

I should clarify - I think Cowherd is just awful. If you told me I had to watch Skip for 2 hours or Cowherd for 8, I'd pick Cowherd.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 09:06 AM)
Colin Cowherd is easily the most annoying ESPN talking head and that's saying something.

He is, but at least he is willing to take some interesting positions on things. He doesn't just take the obvious position and repeat what everyone else has been saying all day or all week. He's pretty intelligent, but he's also quite egotistical, which gets the better of him sometimes.

Edit: I think VP and Russillo are solid, and I like Stink as well. But Cowherd is certainly the most willing to tackle things that others don't.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 11:11 AM)
He is, but at least he is willing to take some interesting positions on things. He doesn't just take the obvious position and repeat what everyone else has been saying all day or all week. He's pretty intelligent, but he's also quite egotistical, which gets the better of him sometimes.

Edit: I think VP and Russillo are solid, and I like Stink as well. But Cowherd is certainly the most willing to tackle things that others don't.

Didn't read your post before I posted mine but yes, what you said ha.

My ESPN rankings (worst to best):

Skip/Stephen A - the worst in the history of sports.

Mike & Mike - fine in a pinch, prefer M&H (though Hanley is f***ing terrible. The best is Mully & anyone else), the schtick about Golic being a real man's man and Greenie being a girly man (or one being the dumb jock versus the smart student) is terrible and old and makes me want to punch my radio. I also despise whoever does that voice that they put on all their pre-tapped stuff.

Cowherd - always takes the most controversial position on an issue to be different. He's the less annoying/punchable Jim Rome, but still not good.

HUGE GAP

SVP and Russillo - easily the best. SVP also gets credit for getting Russillo the respect he deserves from ESPN and not being a me first asshole.

Edited by Jenksismybitch