2013-2014 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 11:40 AM)
My ESPN rankings (worst to best):

Skip/Stephen A - the worst in the history of sports.

Mike & Mike - fine in a pinch, prefer M&H (though Hanley is f***ing terrible. The best is Mully & anyone else), the schtick about Golic being a real man's man and Greenie being a girly man (or one being the dumb jock versus the smart student) is terrible and old and makes me want to punch my radio. I also despise whoever does that voice that they put on all their pre-tapped stuff.

Cowherd - always takes the most controversial position on an issue to be different. He's the less annoying/punchable Jim Rome, but still not good.

HUGE GAP

SVP and Russillo - easily the best. SVP also gets credit for getting Russillo the respect he deserves from ESPN and not being a me first asshole.

Not a fan of Stephen A at all but Skip is in his own category of awful, that guy is an egotistical moron who can't even speak.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 12:07 PM)
Not a fan of Stephen A at all but Skip is in his own category of awful, that guy is an egotistical moron who can't even speak.

I believe that Tim Tebow would be the best wide receiver on his team if he were throwing to himself

I like Mike & Mike, my issue with them you listen for 15 mins and you heard just about all they are going to say for the next 4-5 hours however long they are on the air.

They're a morning drive show. The expectation is that the average commuter is only listening to them for 20-30 minutes, and then they try to catch the commuters in other time zones.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 09:00 AM)
Mark Sanchez most likely done for the year, world gives no f***s

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=9663997

The bigger Mark Sanchez disaster this week is SportsCenter retiring butt fumble.

Also, this: http://deadspin.com/more-nfl-playbook-fun-...-bil-1295107112

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 09:16 AM)
How is Skip Bayless such a gigantic moron but his brother Rick seems like a really nice, normal guy?

Maybe Rick just isn't exposed because he doesn't have a camera in his face 24/7

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 12:07 PM)

I wonder if Skip even believes in anything he says. I think he's paid to be an act with crazy, idiotic ideas that gets people talking about him, his show, & his network. ESPN marketing at its finest.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 10:44 PM)
Did anyone hear Jamie Dukes on Mully & Hanley? He said that watching the Bears it looked exactly like Lovie was coaching and absolutely nothing was different. Then he insinuated not only was Lovie fired for a racist reason, but that is also the reason why he isn't employed.

Today Laurence Holmes got into a little twitter war with him over it, he was sincerely pissed off about it.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/09/10/jam...nt-than-lovies/

I heard that and was astounded that M&H actually let him talk without questioning him. It was one of the worst pieces of coverage I had ever heard. I actually thought it was a caller that they just let ramble on.

He was going on about all of the new players and how now they have all of these weapons. Never once did they ask him why Lovie was unable to get offensive minded people into the organization or grow any talent.

The Bengals are a good team and would have beaten the Bears by 20 last year, yet there was Dukes talking about how much better the Philly win over Washington was what a f***ing moron.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 04:43 PM)
To those who say Cowherd is intelligent, he said a few years ago that he'd take Mark Sanchez over Aaron Rodgers all day...and this is an NFL expert, lol

Yeah, Cowherd was all about Sanchez leading up to the draft. He was wowed by Sanchez having the "it" factor.

Everyone misses on quarterbacks...the Jets obviously did, and I am sure many other teams would have taken him early.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 07:16 AM)
How is Skip Bayless such a gigantic moron but his brother Rick seems like a really nice, normal guy?

Yeah, his brother is not only a nice, normal guy, but he is like the polar opposite of Rick...quiet, soft spoken, people like him...and man, can he make a good mole sauce!

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 10:19 AM)
Yeah, Cowherd was all about Sanchez leading up to the draft. He was wowed by Sanchez having the "it" factor.

Everyone misses on quarterbacks...the Jets obviously did, and I am sure many other teams would have taken him early.

I don't want to come off as a Sanchez defender, but it seems like his offensive weapons have been taken away one by one and replaced with far inferior players. He went from a WR core of Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Brad Smith with Dustin Keller as a TE to a bunch of crap now.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 10:31 AM)
I don't want to come off as a Sanchez defender, but it seems like his offensive weapons have been taken away one by one and replaced with far inferior players. He went from a WR core of Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Brad Smith with Dustin Keller as a TE to a bunch of crap now.

There's one offensive piece you can never take away from Mark Sanchez

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 08:31 AM)

I agree....I think he could have been an average QB in the league, but Cowherd (amongst some others) thought he'd be a star.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 10:19 AM)

He said he'd take Sanchez over Rodgers well into their pro careers, BTW.

The guy's a moron.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 11:21 AM)
Well into their pro careers? When did he say this?

The year Rodgers busted out and was having a great season, he kept saying he'd still take Sanchez because at that point, Mark had a playoff win while Aaron had not. That was his reasoning.

The guy's a moron.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 09:27 AM)
The year Rodgers busted out and was having a great season, he kept saying he'd still take Sanchez because at that point, Mark had a playoff win while Aaron had not. That was his reasoning.

The guy's a moron.

Well, you are entitled to your opinion, for certain.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 11:26 AM)
So you saw that this weekend, too? lol

No, I don't know what you are referring to...but I Tivo his show sometimes and I watch it if I catch it on and have been for many years. I have an interest in Mexican and Latin American culture and history so his interest in Mexico has always appealed to me.

I went to Frontera and Xoco last year when I was in Chicago and was very impressed.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 11:27 AM)

The guy's a moron.

I could back this up. Even after the Packers won the Super Bowl, Skip liked Sanchez more.