2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 23, 2013 -> 11:06 PM)
Major thumbs down to the Raiders head coach. How do you not give Janikowski a shot at the 67-yard FG in the mile high air ? The game was already out of reach in all honesty and a Hail Mary TD was very unlikely anyway.

You have Janikowski on your fantasy team don't you? :lol:

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 23, 2013 -> 11:34 PM)
Broncos are gonna be tough to slow down

You're judging that after a game when they played the Raiders? And a week after they played the 0-3 Giants who look terrible in every game?

Losing Clady is really going to hurt them at some point. They're definitely going to need Miller to come back and be Miller at some point.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 24, 2013 -> 08:41 AM)
You're judging that after a game when they played the Raiders? And a week after they played the 0-3 Giants who look terrible in every game?

Losing Clady is really going to hurt them at some point. They're definitely going to need Miller to come back and be Miller at some point.

No, I am judging after last year, and this year so far, and adding Wes Welker to the offense.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 24, 2013 -> 07:10 AM)
No, I am judging after last year, and this year so far, and adding Wes Welker to the offense.

Yeah, judging after like every game Peyton Manning has played for them...they are a beast.

Only thing that can slow them down a bit is weather I think.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 24, 2013 -> 09:51 AM)
Yeah, judging after like every game Peyton Manning has played for them...they are a beast.

Only thing that can slow them down a bit is weather I think.

It will be interesting to see them against another prolific offense. Their defense has been very good so far, but against some tomato cans.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 24, 2013 -> 02:54 PM)
It will be interesting to see them against another prolific offense. Their defense has been very good so far, but against some tomato cans.

And they'll eventually get Von Miller, who may still be beasting from Steroids.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 23, 2013 -> 07:37 AM)
I mean, through three games it's safe to say our special teams have noticeably dropped off. That's stuff we rarely saw that we've seen in each game. I find it funny Decamillis came from the Cowboys, b/c it's exactly what it seems. The huge plays are there, but the boneheaded lose you the game plays are there too.

I awnt to fire Decammillis. The special teams unit has had some positive big plays but has had a s***-ton of negative big plays too (stupid penalties & big returns) and it is driving me nuts. Wouldn't have happened with Toub. We were so spoiled. That said, Decamm is supposed to be pretty good so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now but they better clean this s*** up. When you have one of the elite return men in football + a top flight field goal kicker and punter, you should not have bad special teams (and we have good coverage guys too).

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 24, 2013 -> 03:40 PM)
Devin Hester had one awesome game, and two games where he had no idea what he was doing.

I'll say this in his defense (beside punt returns where he has been terrible), the problems we've seen with devin I've seen league wide in games. Kickers are getting really smart with placement on kickoffs now. With KRs back so deep to get where kicks are landing, I've seen a lot of these kicks that hit at about the 10, really far for them to run up. It puts the return men in either terrible catching position or it creates a weird bounce.

We saw that with hester where the ball bounced straight up at the 5, he had to take it out and only got to the ten. The extra 10 yards has allowed kickers to worry less about distance and focus on placement and they are making life difficult as hell for return men.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 24, 2013 -> 10:49 AM)
I'll say this in his defense (beside punt returns where he has been terrible), the problems we've seen with devin I've seen league wide in games. Kickers are getting really smart with placement on kickoffs now. With KRs back so deep to get where kicks are landing, I've seen a lot of these kicks that hit at about the 10, really far for them to run up. It puts the return men in either terrible catching position or it creates a weird bounce.

We saw that with hester where the ball bounced straight up at the 5, he had to take it out and only got to the ten. The extra 10 yards has allowed kickers to worry less about distance and focus on placement and they are making life difficult as hell for return men.

I understand that the Kickers are getting smarter, but Devin has always had a problem with dancing around looking for a lane. When he was younger and faster, he could get away with it. Now, he just puts the offense in a bad starting position.

And yea, Punt returns. Oh my god.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 24, 2013 -> 10:55 AM)
I understand that the Kickers are getting smarter, but Devin has always had a problem with dancing around looking for a lane. When he was younger and faster, he could get away with it. Now, he just puts the offense in a bad starting position.

And yea, Punt returns. Oh my god.

And Devin isn't...

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 24, 2013 -> 11:17 AM)
Composite of Power Rankings from ESPN, FOX, CBS and NBC:

1 DEN

2 SEA

3 NE

4 NO

5 CHI

6 CIN

7 MIA

8 KC

9 BAL

10 IND/HOU

I don't get how NE is #3.

Edited by chw42

Those power rankings seem pretty lazy. "Okay, well all 3-0 teams go first, then the 2-1 teams, then"... isn't the power supposed to indicate they are putting more thought than the easy indicators?

Remember, that's a composite of four separate rankings. Only one of the four (CBS) actually ranked the seven 3-0 teams all in the top seven. Three of the four did have Cincy ahead of both Miami and Kansas City, and one also had them ahead of New Orleans.