2013 MLB Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 4, 2013 -> 04:13 PM)
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

#Yankees GM Cashman suffered broken rt fibula and dislocated rt ankle during parachute jump to raise awareness for Wounded Warrior Project.

The "Ventura" injury. He should be able to generallly manage in about a week. If the owner can talk him into it and he isn't coaching high school sports.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 4, 2013 -> 04:13 PM)
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

#Yankees GM Cashman suffered broken rt fibula and dislocated rt ankle during parachute jump to raise awareness for Wounded Warrior Project.

Wow. Nobody involved with the Yankees is safe.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 4, 2013 -> 08:24 AM)
steve rosenbloom ‏@steverosenbloom

Mark Prior signed a minor-league deal with the Reds. The Red are managed by Dusty Baker. Doesn’t Prior know how this movie ends?

Prior to pitch all 9 innings in his first ST outing.

dont know if it was posted but same guy that broke the Melkey Cabrera suspension weeks before it became official is sighting a unnamed source that says MLB is getting ready to suspend A-Rod, Braun, Cano, and Granderson. just a rumor now, who knows if true but he did break the melky one.

Earlier this afternoon, DAPS’ sports beat writer, Joe Ball, tweeted the following:

@joebisceglie

Anonymous Source: Cano, Granderson, A-Rod and Braun will all be suspended for failing PED test this season.

7:41 PM - 04 Mar 13

He’s unable to disclose his sources, but Joe’s been right about this type of news before. A full month before the suspension became official last summer, Joe’s anonymous source correctly identified Melky Cabrera as the next big name to be slapped with the 50 game fine.

This time, that same source has named Robinson Cano, Alex Rodriguez, and Curtis Granderson of the New York Yankees and Ryan Braun of the Milwaukee Brewers as the next star players who will receive suspensions.

then he said:

RE: our breaking news on DAPS. I totally get the reluctance to believe us, this news is gigantic and we are the only ones to report it.

Quote:

We were as shocked as you guys are by it. All we ask is that you remember where you heard it first when ESPN "breaks this" in 4 weeks.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 08:24 AM)
Well, it's going to be a dog fight between them and Boston anyways.

We'll, I guess if things don't go well with the White Sox this year at least that will be a fun race to watch.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 08:43 AM)
Unfortunately I don't see either of them finishing behind the Orioles this year.

I do. That Orioles team reminded me a lot of the 2001 Twins. That was a great growing year for them. Whether the bullpen will be as good or not I'm not sure, but a lot of times in baseball you see that all it takes to get a team rolling is to get them winning. I see there Pyth W-L catching up this year and portraying a more accurate, 85-88 win team in Baltimore. They have a good offense, save 2B, and they have a pretty solid pitching staff too with the best pitching prospect in the game waiting in the wings. That bullpen is still incredibly talented. I don't see Baltimore going away for a while.

I do see them finishing 3rd, but that's different.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 07:23 AM)
dont know if it was posted but same guy that broke the Melkey Cabrera suspension weeks before it became official is sighting a unnamed source that says MLB is getting ready to suspend A-Rod, Braun, Cano, and Granderson. just a rumor now, who knows if true but he did break the melky one.

Earlier this afternoon, DAPS’ sports beat writer, Joe Ball, tweeted the following:

@joebisceglie

Anonymous Source: Cano, Granderson, A-Rod and Braun will all be suspended for failing PED test this season.

He’s unable to disclose his sources, but Joe’s been right about this type of news before. A full month before the suspension became official last summer, Joe’s anonymous source correctly identified Melky Cabrera as the next big name to be slapped with the 50 game fine.

This time, that same source has named Robinson Cano, Alex Rodriguez, and Curtis Granderson of the New York Yankees and Ryan Braun of the Milwaukee Brewers as the next star players who will receive suspensions.

then he said:

RE: our breaking news on DAPS. I totally get the reluctance to believe us, this news is gigantic and we are the only ones to report it.

Quote:

We were as shocked as you guys are by it. All we ask is that you remember where you heard it first when ESPN "breaks this" in 4 weeks.

I don't know if I would say "shocked", but I am happy none the less.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 08:48 AM)
I do. That Orioles team reminded me a lot of the 2001 Twins. That was a great growing year for them. Whether the bullpen will be as good or not I'm not sure, but a lot of times in baseball you see that all it takes to get a team rolling is to get them winning. I see there Pyth W-L catching up this year and portraying a more accurate, 85-88 win team in Baltimore. They have a good offense, save 2B, and they have a pretty solid pitching staff too with the best pitching prospect in the game waiting in the wings. That bullpen is still incredibly talented. I don't see Baltimore going away for a while.

I do see them finishing 3rd, but that's different.

My predicition for regression may be a bit agressive, but that's what happens when you have arguably the luckiest season in the history of baseball. Their rotation has talent, but it's young and I don't trust them to be consistent over the course of a full season. And that bullpen is due for a hiccup or two.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 09:06 AM)
My predicition for regression may be a bit agressive, but that's what happens when you have arguably the luckiest season in the history of baseball. Their rotation has talent, but it's young and I don't trust them to be consistent over the course of a full season. And that bullpen is due for a hiccup or two.

Oh no, I completely understand, and I think I'll be in the minority. I just can't help but think that team is going to be back again this year.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 08:23 AM)

@joebisceglie

then he said:

Quote:

Back in 2005, I think I bought the "online rumor someone is about to get suspended" a lot more.

Guys who actually have been suspended, we didn't hear about it in advance. And now Twitter is out there, which makes promulgating these rumors even easier.

And if turns out to be BS, I hope they own up to the rumor they are trying to spread just as proudly.