2013 MLB Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 28, 2013 -> 05:59 PM)
Danny Knobler ‏@DannyKnoblerCBS 3m

Johan Santana has a 'probable' re-tear of left shoulder capsule - http://CBSSports.com http://cbsprt.co/10lJZ5Q

Alderson: "To my knowledge, the contract is not insured." Mets owe Santana $25.5 mill this year, plus $5.5 mill buyout for 2014.

Well, that makes us all feel better about John Danks' future.

Posey got Paid! 9 years, $167 million, covers 2013-2021, with an option $22 million year at the end. Also includes a full no trade clause for the duration of the contract. Largest contract ever for a player with less than 3 years service time, more than doubling the contract CarGo got at that point.

Buster Posey will still be under contract in Hillary Clinton's second term (hi-o).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 29, 2013 -> 01:42 PM)
Posey got Paid! 9 years, $167 million, covers 2013-2021, with an option $22 million year at the end. Also includes a full no trade clause for the duration of the contract. Largest contract ever for a player with less than 3 years service time, more than doubling the contract CarGo got at that point.

Buster Posey will still be under contract in Hillary Clinton's second term (hi-o).

You don't pay out the ass for Offensive Superstars that are catchers. Just doesn't work. Posey has already had a catastrophic injury because of the position he plays and his body is just going to break down over time. The deal is especially bad unless the NL adopts the DH soon haha. Start breaking in that First Basemen's glove, Buster.

QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 29, 2013 -> 05:49 PM)
You don't pay out the ass for Offensive Superstars that are catchers. Just doesn't work. Posey has already had a catastrophic injury because of the position he plays and his body is just going to break down over time. The deal is especially bad unless the NL adopts the DH soon haha. Start breaking in that First Basemen's glove, Buster.

So catastrophic he came back and won the MVP. 😋

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 28, 2013 -> 04:59 PM)
Danny Knobler ‏@DannyKnoblerCBS 3m

Johan Santana has a 'probable' re-tear of left shoulder capsule - http://CBSSports.com http://cbsprt.co/10lJZ5Q

Alderson: "To my knowledge, the contract is not insured." Mets owe Santana $25.5 mill this year, plus $5.5 mill buyout for 2014.

Probably has been confirmed. What a disaster. The Mets sure must have wanted that first NYM No Hitter (should have held on to Humber). The only thing I could think of that would make his time with the Mets more regrettable for them is if he was relaying their signs to the visitor's dugout and was also diddling the owners wife.

It's really too bad. When I read about this earlier, I had a hard time reconciling the image of Santana as a Twin 2003-2007, to Santana as a Met 2008-Present.

Maybe he comes back in 2014 and Coop'll fix him.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 07:22 AM)
I like Elvis Andrus, but that seems like a ton of money for a guy with a career OPS of .695, even if he is only 24 this year

I was thinking the same thing, and he is getting mvoed to 2b next year once Profar is ready.

With all the speculation that Posey will change positions and Mauer is going to wind up at 1B, it reminds me of when Hawk was the GM and wanted to do exactly the same thing with Fisk. He was laughed at, and it's still pointed out as evidence he was a clueless GM. Apparently he really wasn't.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 10:04 AM)
Another reason to think the Alexei contract isn't half bad at all.

Indeed.

Also, I think Kinsler is ultimately the odd man out. Gordon, you have two months to be good before you become Ian Kinsler the White Sox's backup.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 10:40 AM)
Indeed.

Also, I think Kinsler is ultimately the odd man out. Gordon, you have two months to be good before you become Ian Kinsler the White Sox's backup.

There are about 3 problems with trying to acquire Kinsler.

1) $16 mill in '14, $16 mill in '15, $14 mill in '16, $11 mill in '17, $10 mill CO ($5 mill buyout) in '18. That's a lot guaranteed.

2) He put up a .749 OPS last year. That is a worse offensive line than Dayan Viciedo put up last year, especially considering ballparks.

3) The Rangers want to move Kinsler to 1B once Profar comes up anyways.