Sports Media discussion

QUOTE (lord chas @ May 13, 2014 -> 09:18 PM)
People are sick of hearing Bernstein shove his daily agenda down their throats

Bernstein needs someone who won't just parrot what he says like Boers. Lawrence Holmes goes right at Dan when he doesn't agree, he and Bernstein would be good together in my opinion. Boers just doesn't call Bernstein out when he should, Holmes does that.

Or we can look into the reality of those ratings which includes a ton of White Sox day games on 670 and Bulls late afternoon playoff games on 1000.

While WSCR-AM still wins the ratings battle in their target demo overall against their rival, WMVP-AM won the ratings in both mornings and afternoons for the first time in well over a year. Part of the reason for WMVP-AM's increased afternoon ratings (and increased ratings overall) has to do with strong interest in the Chicago Bulls' short-lived playoff run, as well as picking up listeners from WSCR-AM, who seem to have low interest in Chicago White Sox afternoon game broadcasts. (WMVP-AM is the Bulls' flagship radio home, while WSCR-AM is the White Sox's flagship radio home.)

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 13, 2014 -> 09:50 PM)
That has some effect, but let's face it, more and more people are starting to turn away from B and B. He could be so much better, especially with a new partner.

As much as I don't like Dan most of the time, Boers definitely needs to be replaced. He's a human sound effect. Adds nothing worthwhile.

Boers is awful. Mully and Hanley are awful too. Still though, I never even turn on 1000. That lineup is garbage. Waddle offers nothing in the afternoon and the other stuff is bland radio with too much national radio. 670 will have some lineup changes fairly soon. I think Boers will finally retire but there's really nobody to put with Bernstein. Holmes tanked the ratings on McNeil's show and there's still a chance that Danny Mac will jump to WGN. Seems like McNeil is tiring of his own partner as well. I think that Bernstein and Goff together in the midday slot would work giving Mcneil afternoon drive. I have no idea who Mac's partner would be though.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 14, 2014 -> 09:09 AM)
lol, i dont know how McNeil could tire of Speigel, he has only showed up to work with him about 40 percent of the time

Mac has been great since returning but that's because he is probably on borrowed time. I believe Mac's contract expires in June and he has stated that he will not be working this summer.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 14, 2014 -> 08:54 AM)
The more I read this thread, the happier I am that I bought satellite radio and don't have listen to Chicago sports radio anymore. I used to enjoy it, especially B & B, but I don't miss it one bit.

Same. Love my Sirius.

Not having listened in years, does Boers still sit out every year when his deal is up for more money?

Edited by Brian

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 14, 2014 -> 09:32 AM)
Boers is awful. Mully and Hanley are awful too. Still though, I never even turn on 1000. That lineup is garbage. Waddle offers nothing in the afternoon and the other stuff is bland radio with too much national radio. 670 will have some lineup changes fairly soon. I think Boers will finally retire but there's really nobody to put with Bernstein. Holmes tanked the ratings on McNeil's show and there's still a chance that Danny Mac will jump to WGN. Seems like McNeil is tiring of his own partner as well. I think that Bernstein and Goff together in the midday slot would work giving Mcneil afternoon drive. I have no idea who Mac's partner would be though.

Goff has been in Atlanta on his own show for over a year now.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 03:22 PM)

Yea, he is done in Atlanta. Hosting a Sirius/XM radio show called Off The Dribble

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 03:41 PM)
I only listen to the afternoon on occasion. I'm not an every day listener.

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/128795

CBS RADIO Sports WZGC (92.9 THE GAME)/ATLANTA evening host JASON GOFF has exited the station.

GOFF, who joined THE GAME from sister Sports WSCR-A (670 THE SCORE)/CHICAGO in 2012, wrote in a series of tweets MONDAY and TUESDAY, "It's been real, ATLANTA. Thanks to everyone who has made this a terrific and wonderful ride. I'll never eat salsa again ... Nobody died guys. Lol! I made a mistake with a call involving salsa (long story). It's all good. I'm sure you'll hear me very soon. Really happy with the work our show did and never compromised our vision to do so. I'm proud of that. Trust me, I'm good. I promise."

He continues hosting SIRIUSXM NBA RADIO's midday "OFF THE DRIBBLE" show.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 03:22 PM)

Haha so you come in here to (wrongly) tell me that Goff is still in Atlanta and then later in the thread admit that you haven't listened in over a year? Okay then.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 10:06 AM)
Where's Dan McNeil? He was out last week, and this week.

He is taking all his vacation time before his contract expires. He's also stated that he's not working the summer. He should have a choice whether to stay at WSCR or jump to WGN. We'll see.

Does anyone think that B&B has changed from criticizing Hawk to straight up on air bullying? I know Hawk has really lost a lot of zip on his fastball, and has a lot of faults, but the guy really cant say anything without those two turning it into a all day rip fest

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 11:46 AM)
Does anyone think that B&B has changed from criticizing Hawk to straight up on air bullying? I know Hawk has really lost a lot of zip on his fastball, and has a lot of faults, but the guy really cant say anything without those two turning it into a all day rip fest

Hawk has taken it to another level this year. It's really bad. It's time for him to go.