Sports Media discussion

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 11:48 AM)
Hawk has taken it to another level this year. It's really bad. It's time for him to go.

I totally agree, i am ready for him to go, but it doesnt make the bully job any less shameful. Boers shouldnt be complaining about an old man with nonsense pouring out of his mouth, to anyone, ever.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 11:46 AM)
Does anyone think that B&B has changed from criticizing Hawk to straight up on air bullying? I know Hawk has really lost a lot of zip on his fastball, and has a lot of faults, but the guy really cant say anything without those two turning it into a all day rip fest

Bernsie... a bully? Say it aint so!

That being said, Hawk has gotten very odd this year. I dont watch their game son TV anymore.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 01:31 PM)

That being said, Hawk has gotten very odd this year. I dont watch their game son TV anymore.

I think he is having vision problems this year. He isn't following the games well at all. He is usually pretty behind on calling plays this year, especially homers.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 01:31 PM)

The silence between Hawk and Stone when Hawk says something irrational or downright wrong is very cringe worthy.

But Hawk isn't going anywhere, unfortunately.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 01:37 PM)
I think he is having vision problems this year. He isn't following the games well at all. He is usually pretty behind on calling plays this year, especially homers.

That's part of it (like when he called a ground rule double that bounced over, a home run during the Yankees series), but now his nonsense about aura the reason why the Sox aren't/are winning games and which teams have magical aura is just ridiculous. Plus everything is some sort of grandiose point he's trying to make about the game of baseball and how no one knows anything about this game anymore. What?

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 28, 2014 -> 11:54 AM)
If his contract is up, why are people worrying about him not being on the air?

He's taking his vacation time before his contract expires and he's already stated that he's not working this summer. I think I've typed that 3 times in this thread already.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 09:18 AM)
For as much as he has been out, I have no idea how he has anytime left. Hopefully the guy gets better. He obviously has some issues going on.

Dan McNeil @DanMcNeil670 · 43m

Not in a contract holdout, as @RobertFeder wrote. @MitchRosen670 approved time off before negotiations. Nonetheless...I remain mercurial!

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 10:30 AM)
Dan McNeil @DanMcNeil670 · 43m

Not in a contract holdout, as @RobertFeder wrote. @MitchRosen670 approved time off before negotiations. Nonetheless...I remain mercurial!

Feder reported that McNeils contract ended June 15th. His last day on air was the 13th. So, technically he took 2 days of vacation, and isnt currently being paid.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 10:54 AM)
Feder reported that McNeils contract ended June 15th. His last day on air was the 13th. So, technically he took 2 days of vacation, and isnt currently being paid.

He might have taken a payout for accumulated vacation time. So while he's not currently under contract, he got paid for 8 weeks (or whatever) of vacation and is enjoying it before signing a new contract.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 11:08 AM)
He might have taken a payout for accumulated vacation time. So while he's not currently under contract, he got paid for 8 weeks (or whatever) of vacation and is enjoying it before signing a new contract.

that makes sense.

The Score is un-listenable with Rozner on the air. I really enjoy the Mac/Speigel show, unfortunately, the show is never on the air for enough consistent stretches. Chicago is seriously lacking in good sports radio. Boers is terrible. Jurko kills ESPN. And on and on.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 12:13 PM)
The Score is un-listenable with Rozner on the air. I really enjoy the Mac/Speigel show, unfortunately, the show is never on the air for enough consistent stretches. Chicago is seriously lacking in good sports radio. Boers is terrible. Jurko kills ESPN. And on and on.

I love Rozner

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 12:13 PM)

Feder says that Boers is the highest paid Score on-air personality. Chew on that for a minute.