AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

Great game yesterday, unfortunately I couldn't catch it. First game of the season will be Saturday for me!

Balta, that was the first thing I thought of as well. 05 season began and ended with a 1-0 win.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 06:01 PM)
I'm Saling away

Set an open course for the Virgin Sea

'Cause I've got to be free

Free to face the life that's ahead of me

On board, I'm the captain

So climb aboard

We'll search for tomorrow on every shore

And I'll try, oh Lord, I'll try to carry on

Lyrics from eLyrics.net

Hmm - I always sang that line as "Set an open course, full of urgency"

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 07:50 AM)
Great game. First opening day in awhile and it was a ton of fun. Props to my boy Flowers. Told you all he will be just fine. And Sale, we have our first superstar in a long while.

Game thread was short too. Catchall has pretty much killed PHT. Tried warning the mods, but they won't listen.

What does catch all have to do with the game thread? That doesn't even make sense.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 07:50 AM)
Great game. First opening day in awhile and it was a ton of fun. Props to my boy Flowers. Told you all he will be just fine. And Sale, we have our first superstar in a long while.

Game thread was short too. Catchall has pretty much killed PHT. Tried warning the mods, but they won't listen.

The catch all doesn't detract from game threads and winner threads, that is laughable

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 10:00 AM)
Of course it does. Lack of discussion= loss of/no new posters= less contribution in the gamethread.

Honestly, message boards are dinosaurs anymore. Most discussion has gone to facebook and twitter. It has nothing to do with catch-all threads.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 04:01 PM)
Honestly, message boards are dinosaurs anymore. Most discussion has gone to facebook and twitter. It has nothing to do with catch-all threads.

Unfortunately, this is correct.

Pity. For proper discussion, I find Twitter a nightmare for trying to keep up with things if you're anyway busy. At least on here, you can track back to wherever you last read up to.

QUOTE (Joxer_Daly @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 10:24 AM)
Pity. For proper discussion, I find Twitter a nightmare for trying to keep up with things if you're anyway busy. At least on here, you can track back to wherever you last read up to.

I also find it difficult to have legitimate conversations on Facebook too. If people are like me, they have some total morons they are friends with on Facebook, and it is just awful.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 10:35 AM)
I also find it difficult to have legitimate conversations on Facebook too. If people are like me, they have some total morons they are friends with on Facebook, and it is just awful.

Hey!!?!!

I agree message boards are better. But it certainly seems the posters here have all been here for a while. When it hits that point, everyone kinda knows where everyone stands, and new discussions don't really pop up. And when "marginal" threads do pop-up, people jump all over them.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 01:21 PM)
I agree message boards are better. But it certainly seems the posters here have all been here for a while. When it hits that point, everyone kinda knows where everyone stands, and new discussions don't really pop up. And when "marginal" threads do pop-up, people jump all over them.

Solution: everybody pairs up Secret Santa-style and adopts their person's opinions. Then, everybody changes their handles and avatars. Should take another couple of years before the dust settles.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 11:21 AM)

I think the big difference is that on your facebook and twitter feeds you have some control over who you have to read. Here you don't.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 03:00 PM)
A link (which also covers southsidesox position) on The Video that makes more sense than just " it sucks" . http://www.chicagonow.com/sox-report/2013/...nks-and-videos/

That's all fine, and I don't think anyone hates this video because the players are having fun.

That doesn't change the fact that Saliva is awful and lip synching while zooming in and out is awful. (I'm aware that I am lending ammo to his argument about the internet being full of nerds who hate Limp Bizkit. Durst-Hater is an epithet I'm glad to wear.)

Glad the Sox had fun making it. Good for them, and I hope it somehow makes the Sox a better baseball team. I hear Uwe Bol has fun making movies, but nobody should let him near a camera either.

I think the value of a message board is I don't know anybody but I assume they know the White Sox better than me. So it's of great value to read what they think about the Sox and see what they think of my statements about the Sox. Putting it on Facebook would be weird. I'd be just throwing out an opinion on the Sox and have people I know feel compelled to comment.

I think the value of a message board is I don't know anybody but I assume they know the White Sox better than me. So it's of great value to read what they think about the Sox and see what they think of my statements about the Sox. Putting it on Facebook would be weird. I'd be just throwing out an opinion on the Sox and have people I know feel compelled to comment.

Yeah, on Facebook among my friends I'm in the 95th-99th percentile of baseball/Sox knowledge and on Soxtalk I'm probably in the 30th-60th percentile.