4/3/13 KC at ChiSox, 1:10 PM CST

Capn12

God I wish someone higher up to tell Hawk to shut the f*** up about the Royals. It's a defeatist attitude that permeates everyone who watches the game, and I wouldn't be shocked if it gets into the player's heads too.

He used to do the same s*** with the Twins of 6-7 years ago. It's real old.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 3, 2013 -> 02:54 PM)
God I wish someone higher up to tell Hawk to shut the f*** up about the Royals. It's a defeatist attitude that permeates everyone who watches the game, and I wouldn't be shocked if it gets into the player's heads too.

NO idea why he transferred it over to the f***ing Royals. I'm so over Hawk.

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 3, 2013 -> 02:54 PM)

It certainly was in their heads about Min. a few years ago. They lost before the game started. It doesn't appear to be the same with KC. Yet.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 3, 2013 -> 02:53 PM)
I assume those run expectancies are not actually percentages as they are listed on the broadcast, but rather average number of runs, correct? For example with bases loaded and 0 outs run expectancy is north of 1.0, but percentage wise it obviously can't be over 100%, and is certainly under

Yeah, they're not really percentages, they're average number of runs scored.

Although the one WGN used could be the percentage of times a run scored.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 3, 2013 -> 03:56 PM)
It certainly was in their heads about Min. a few years ago. They lost before the game started. It doesn't appear to be the same with KC. Yet.

that was the case with the Tigers last year as well, although i don't think anyone can blame Hawk for that one. They lost those games before they even started.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 3, 2013 -> 02:56 PM)
Yeah, they're not really percentages, they're average number of runs scored.

Although the one WGN used could be the percentage of times a run scored.

Yeah, that's my question. I would have to think its the average number of runs, as that is what is most commonly used. Prolly the idiot who makes the graphic doesn't know what he is doing

QUOTE (Joxer_Daly @ Apr 3, 2013 -> 02:58 PM)
I put it mostly down to him having cut his ridiculous hair.

I did notice that earlier in the game. I wasn't sure if he cut it on opening day or not though.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 3, 2013 -> 02:59 PM)
With first base open and Viciedo up, a pitcher is a moron for thowing a fastball at any point in the count.

He got away with a hanging breaking ball.