GT 4-14-13, Sox @ Tribe, 12:05 pm

flavum

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Baron @ Apr 14, 2013 -> 07:15 PM)
I'm one of the last people to want a skipper fired.....but my goodness this is getting ridiculous

He won't get fired, he'll just quit after this season like a lot of the media seemed to suggest would happen.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 14, 2013 -> 01:15 PM)
People still want to argue that a better manager wouldn't make a difference? These decisions are absolutely insane by Ventura.

I grow tired of Sox wanting there managers to get most of there training on the job. It is not working. I guess Sox want to be irrelevant by May.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 14, 2013 -> 01:16 PM)
He won't get fired, he'll just quit after this season like a lot of the media seemed to suggest would happen.

Well if the season keeps going this way someone is going to be relieved of their duties.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 14, 2013 -> 11:15 AM)
People still want to argue that a better manager wouldn't make a difference? These decisions are absolutely insane by Ventura.

You can make the argument that putting on the hit and run with a guy who's struggling at the plate might force him into concentrating harder on making contact. It's a tough argument to make, but still. You could also make a very good case that a team who can't get anything going offensively needs to find any way they can to get something going.