How Much Rope Does Dunn Have?

Jerksticks

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2013 -> 12:41 PM)
Somehow, "How much rope do Wise/Danks/Tekotte have?" isn't going to be much of a thread...

Other than another examination of our lack of minor league production in this area.

We're now using player #30 on the roster, and we have a couple guys who are day to day on top of that.

Don't Give Up on Adam Dunn

Disclaimer: This is content I wrote, but I think it is pertinent to this discussion. Feel free to let me know if there are any major errors, I already found one and have to write to my editors

LOL...You found just ONE error, eh????

Here's my issues with your article (in bold - your writing):

"If you still have Dunn on your fantasy squad, this is not the time to dump him. A season like his last seems to be in sight now, with high home run and RBI totals alongside a very low batting average and adequate on base percentage. Dunn is the ultimate buy low (really, really low) candidate at this juncture. For fans, prepare the right field bleachers: Adam Dunn is coming back."

I don't know if you've been watching Adam - since you wrote this.

- He's worthless. Like - COMPLETELY - WORTHLESS. It's in the record books, how bad he is. Only an idiot would keep him.

- LOL. He's the ultimate...Sox Free Agent Buy. Too late, you missed it, buy the Jersey and show up, see nothing but disgrace.

- Yeah... Hillarious.

But in all seriousness... No.

No, he's not.

My 2 cents - take it for what it's worth.

Edited by Andrew

QUOTE (Andrew @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 01:09 AM)

"If you still have Dunn on your fantasy squad, this is not the time to dump him. A season like his last seems to be in sight now, with high home run and RBI totals alongside a very low batting average and adequate on base percentage. Dunn is the ultimate buy low (really, really low) candidate at this juncture. For fans, prepare the right field bleachers: Adam Dunn is coming back."

- He's worthless. Like - COMPLETELY - WORTHLESS. It's in the record books, how bad he is. Only an idiot would keep him.

- LOL. He's the ultimate...Sox Free Agent Buy. Too late, you missed it, buy the Jersey and show up, see nothing but disgrace.

- Yeah... Hillarious.

No, he's not.

That ridiculous post wasn't worth two cents. My question is have YOU been watching Adam lately. The last week has looked like the Adam Dunn we all expected when we signed him. Guys that put up 40 homers, 100 walks, 90+ RBIs are pretty valuable in fantasy. There is nothing wrong with what he wrote about him at all. I'm just curious too, what in the record books show how bad he is?

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 07:03 AM)
That ridiculous post wasn't worth two cents. My question is have YOU been watching Adam lately. The last week has looked like the Adam Dunn we all expected when we signed him. Guys that put up 40 homers, 100 walks, 90+ RBIs are pretty valuable in fantasy. There is nothing wrong with what he wrote about him at all. I'm just curious too, what in the record books show how bad he is?

Not to mention, what is the incentive for cutting Dunn right now? We are paying him either way. Don't forget how many wanted to cut Rios two years ago. Guess what, we'd be paying him to star somewhere else if that would have been the case.

QUOTE (Andrew @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 01:09 AM)

- Yeah... Hillarious.

No, he's not.

I'd like to see this history of bad free agent buys you are referring to.

You guys are ridiculous.

How ANYONE, on this planet or any other, can find an ounce of value in Adam f***ING Dunn...

Its just beyond rational baseball analysis.

At any level.

He is COMPLETELY worthless.

Edited by Andrew

I'd like to see this history of bad free agent buys you are referring to.

Bah, you know you're being a tool now.

I'm sure you're aware I'm talking about the long list of veteran s*** and "grindiness" that's been paraded through the roster that's been nothing but wasted $. "Free Agent" or not..you know I misspoke putting them all in one category, but you know what I'm saying.....

From Erstad, to A-Ram...Griffey....

Let's not forget Mackowiak, O-Cab, Swisher, Betemit, (Rios - pretty much until this year), Pierre, Kotsay... Youkillis (yeah...hit .236 and under .350 OBP)...Dunn.

Goes on and on...

QUOTE (Andrew @ May 2, 2013 -> 12:14 AM)
Bah, you know you're being a tool now.

I'm sure you're aware I'm talking about the long list of veteran s*** and "grindiness" that's been paraded through the roster that's been nothing but wasted $. "Free Agent" or not..you know I misspoke putting them all in one category, but you know what I'm saying.....

From Erstad, to A-Ram...Griffey....

Let's not forget Mackowiak, O-Cab, Swisher, Betemit, (Rios - pretty much until this year), Pierre, Kotsay... Youkillis (yeah...hit .236 and under .350 OBP)...Dunn.

Goes on and on...

Speaking of tools, that list is just pathetic. A list of lottery ticket type players? There was one legitimate acquisition on there. The rest were piece players at discount prices without much in the way of expectations.

If you paid attention, you could make a list like that for every single team in baseball.