KC vs Sox game thread

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 6, 2013 -> 01:13 PM)
Very unorthodox considering we got him to be contact/obp type guy. Guess the White Sox culture rubbed off on him.

Beginning this season he had 179 career walks and 173 career K's. Welcome to the White Sox.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 6, 2013 -> 02:07 PM)
When has it happened with a Sox player we drafted and "developed"?

We have been told Viciedo is what he is, as is Beckham. Both are potentially the two best offensive players the Sox have produced in years. (Which isn't saying much obviously)I am not saying it's definitely going to happen, but it can.

I still can't believe people want the Sox to totally rebuild considering the players they have drafted and not developed and how prospects like Molina and Castro and Lillibridge, and the next Jon Garland, Jeff Marquez have turned out. Just to mention a few. Buddy Bell recommended Teahan and Keppinger and said Mitchell was a different player this spring. He gets promoted. A bigger voice. A rebuild would be a disaster.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 6, 2013 -> 12:17 PM)
We have been told Viciedo is what he is, as is Beckham. Both are potentially the two best offensive players the Sox have produced in years. (Which isn't saying much obviously)I am not saying it's definitely going to happen, but it can.

I still can't believe people want the Sox to totally rebuild considering the players they have drafted and not developed and how prospects like Molina and Castro and Lillibridge, and the next Jon Garland, Jeff Marquez have turned out. Just to mention a few. Buddy Bell recommended Teahan and Keppinger and said Mitchell was a different player this spring. He gets promoted. A bigger voice. A rebuild would be a disaster.

With Buddy calling the shots, you mean?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 6, 2013 -> 07:17 PM)

I don't believe Bell has done a very good job with the farm system.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 6, 2013 -> 07:21 PM)
Hahn, KW, Buddy...they are all there. Until it's proven otherwise, developing every day players is something they shown to be a major weakness.

That's why we need to acquire players that have already been developed by other organizations (ie: Quentin)

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2013 -> 02:21 PM)
I don't believe Bell has done a very good job with the farm system.

I really don't know what he's done after his playing career that warrants all the praise he gets. When he was managing, the teams he managed were better the year he took over managing and also improved the season after he left. He gets a lot of credit for the White Sox minor leaguers and they haven't developed an impact bat since he's been around. And it seems when they do bring up players, not a whole heck of a lot of them seem to know what they are doing all the time.

It is a head scratcher trying to find some accomplishment where he can hang his hat. He must be able to talk a good game because he's pulled the wool over a few teams' eyes.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2013 -> 02:22 PM)
That's why we need to acquire players that have already been developed by other organizations (ie: Quentin)

I know but that has been just as bad. Molina, Castro, Lillibridge, Flowers, Marquez, Nunez...Gillaspie has been really good so far, hopefully it lasts, but these types of acquisitions aren't setting you up for future success.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 6, 2013 -> 08:26 PM)
way to make him pay

If this keeps up, who's the first to get fired? Is Manto the fall guy, or do they just trade off everyone and blame the players? It will be interesting since the guys they would be trading are well-liked by Sox fans and not the likes of Swisher/Javy.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2013 -> 12:31 PM)
If this keeps up, who's the first to get fired? Is Manto the fall guy, or do they just trade off everyone and blame the players? It will be interesting since the guys they would be trading are well-liked by Sox fans and not the likes of Swisher/Javy.

The word last year was that Mark Parent was the enforcer on the staff. Surprised if he went anywhere.