Sox vs Mets game thread

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2013 -> 07:36 PM)
Flowers has a terrible eye at the plate.

Lets put it this way Tyler is just terrible. Hahn needs to go over his position on that. What a horrible mistake he made there.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ May 7, 2013 -> 07:38 PM)
Did Santiago forget he needs to bat?

Yes but where the hell is the overpaid coaching staff to make sure this does not happen.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Baron @ May 8, 2013 -> 12:38 AM)
Lets put it this way Tyler is just terrible. Hahn needs to go over his position on that. What a horrible mistake he made there.

I've said this before, but the Sox going with Flowers without a legit back-up this season was all the proof I needed that they didn't think they could contend with Detroit. That philosophy is fine, and they're probably not shocked at how bad he is.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2013 -> 07:39 PM)
I've said this before, but the Sox going with Flowers without a legit back-up this season was all the proof I needed that they didn't think they could contend with Detroit. That philosophy is fine, and they're probably not shocked at how bad he is.

Whoever decided that this philosophy was fine needs to be fired immediately.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 8, 2013 -> 01:40 AM)
No way he can be starter in 2014.

There's just aren't enough LHP in the AL Central to justify having him get so much playing time this year. However, they wanted to give him his shot, so you can't end it now.

QUOTE (Baron @ May 8, 2013 -> 01:40 AM)
Whoever decided that this philosophy was fine needs to be fired immediately.

Better though than someone who spends money just to spend money and try to trick the fans/themselves.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2013 -> 07:41 PM)
There's just aren't enough LHP in the AL Central to justify having him get so much playing time this year. However, they wanted to give him his shot, so you can't end it now.

If Flowers fooled the White Sox, he also fooled a lot of the GMs on this board who insisted he was better than AJP.