Sox vs Mets game thread

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2013 -> 06:53 PM)
The signing was fine as long as they didn't have to overexpose him. The Beckham injury has been a killer with this.

Although they would have probably been just as well off with paying Eduardo Escobar the minimum to do the exact same thing.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 8, 2013 -> 01:53 AM)
If Santiago isn't winning a spot in the starting rotation, I don't know what else he has to do to prove himself.

He is pitching better than John Danks ever pitched for about 85-90% of his career.

Didn't they say the other day Danks would take his spot? Just LOL. I don't know what this guy did to Ventura/Hahn/Williams, but must have been bad.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2013 -> 07:53 PM)
The signing was fine as long as they didn't have to overexpose him. The Beckham injury has been a killer with this.

Sentences I didn't envision two months ago.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 8, 2013 -> 12:55 AM)
Didn't they say the other day Danks would take his spot? Just LOL. I don't know what this guy did to Ventura/Hahn/Williams, but must have been bad.

On the radio today, Cooper didn't exactly give Santiago a vote of confidence with regards to starting the rest of the year.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2013 -> 06:53 PM)

Although they would have probably been just as well off with paying Eduardo Escobar the minimum to do the exact same thing.

Looks like Santiago has done an amazing job stranding runners throughout this game.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2013 -> 07:56 PM)
On the radio today, Cooper didn't exactly give Santiago a vote of confidence with regards to starting the rest of the year.

At this point, he's going to have to pitch his way out of the rotation.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 8, 2013 -> 01:56 AM)

Which is just great, considering he's a top 5 build around piece on this team.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 8, 2013 -> 12:58 AM)
At this point, he's going to have to pitch his way out of the rotation.

He's shown enough that even if he struggles, he should be allowed to mature and develop in the role.