Sox vs Mets game thread

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 7, 2013 -> 07:59 PM)
Which is just great, considering he's a top 5 build around piece on this team.

Which makes you wonder, is there something we don't know? Is the coaching staff blind?

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2013 -> 07:59 PM)
Once they return to the Cell, they have to do something with the lineup.

It's just atrocious and based on last September, a parade of mental midgets.

I've never seen hitters more collectively incapable of breaking a slump.

Never.

111 pitches.

Chicago White Sox baseball. Being carried by two 30th round draft picks nobody had even heard about 2 years ago at this time, except for those who watched Axelrod in the College World Series playing for UC-Irvine (Go Anteaters!)

QUOTE (Knuckles @ May 7, 2013 -> 08:01 PM)
Which makes you wonder, is there something we don't know? Is the coaching staff blind?

Doubt it. Just unable to self-scout which has become a terrible weakness for this organization. Top-to-bottom.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ May 7, 2013 -> 08:02 PM)
It's just atrocious and based on last September, a parade of mental midgets.

I've never seen hitters more collectively incapable of breaking a slump.

Never.

The current Sox team is a collection of misfit toys and they are going nowhere this season. Manto needs to be looked at after this season.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Knuckles @ May 7, 2013 -> 07:01 PM)

No, just stubborn.

Clearly, at this time, Santiago has the second best stuff in the rotation, and he's looked better than Sale this year with the exception of getting battered around by the Indians when he came into the game on short notice to replace Floyd.

Other than that, he's been like 2011 first half Sergio Santos or 2012 Donnie Veal.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 7, 2013 -> 07:04 PM)
The current Sox team is a collection of misfit toys and they are going nowhere this season.

I remember keeping track of the 85-88 offenses from box scores in the newspaper when I was in high school....and this offense is even worse than some of those teams, at least without Beckham and Viciedo.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2013 -> 07:59 PM)
Once they return to the Cell, they have to do something with the lineup.

Not sure what can be done. If you want to get real crazy, you could call up Phegley, but I don't think he'd be much better than Flowers (at least no right away).

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 7, 2013 -> 09:04 PM)
The current Sox team is a collection of misfit toys and they are going nowhere this season. Manto needs to be looked at after this season.

I think there's a good chance that they clean the staff out again this offseason a-la 2011.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2013 -> 08:07 PM)
Yep, I don't think Manto will be the hitting coach next year.

I'd like to think there's a reasonable chance he won't be the hitting coach next month.