Game Thread 5/21: BOS @ SOX

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ May 21, 2013 -> 12:42 PM)
http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/ba...-jose-quintana/

Very nice write-up/preview from WEEI.

Book on Doubront this year: Velo is down a couple ticks, walking a lot of guys and can't go deep in games. He's about to work his way out of the rotation it seems.

Perfect candidate to no hit the SOX.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 21, 2013 -> 02:42 PM)
It's matchups--Boston sent back-to-back lefty starters.

Match up smatch up... he's been one of the better hitters on the team and playing decent defense too. Kepp does not deserve to start with how atrocious and lackadasical he's been.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 21, 2013 -> 02:42 PM)
It's matchups--Boston sent back-to-back lefty starters.

I know the reasoning, but we're trying to develop an everyday player here. Felix Doubront is nothing special. Tyler Greene is REALLY nothing special.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 21, 2013 -> 03:04 PM)
Match up smatch up... he's been one of the better hitters on the team and playing decent defense too. Kepp does not deserve to start with how atrocious and lackadasical he's been.

Kepp isn't even the one who stands to be benched.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 21, 2013 -> 03:04 PM)

Keppinger needs at-bats against good match-ups in order to get going. It's not a Little League team -- if we're going to have a shot to win we need more guys to find a way to produce. I like Gillaspie, but he's not carrying us into the postseason on his back.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ May 21, 2013 -> 03:08 PM)
Keppinger needs at-bats against good match-ups in order to get going. It's not a Little League team -- if we're going to have a shot to win we need more guys to find a way to produce. I like Gillaspie, but he's not carrying us into the postseason on his back.

Not batting with two black holes on either side of him he won't.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 21, 2013 -> 02:06 PM)
I know the reasoning, but we're trying to develop an everyday player here. Felix Doubront is nothing special. Tyler Greene is REALLY nothing special.

Win now, develop later mode...constant conflict in our organization at the major league level.

I'm assuming we're still rooting for the Indians and against the Tigers, even though CLE is poised to be 10 games over .500 and 3 1/2 games ahead if they win tonight (leading 1-0 in the 4th)??

Edited by caulfield12