White Sox vs Marlins game thread

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To be fair, I think that's probably the emergency pitcher right now if the game goes like 15 innings or something like that.

Hopefully Danks shows well in about his first 4-5 starts back and the organization can feel comfortable dealing Axelrod. Like I've said, I think you can get some valuable relievers for him, which is something the bullpen sorely needs, and then you can use Erik Johnson as the 6th starter moving forward.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 24, 2013 -> 04:53 PM)
To be fair, I think that's probably the emergency pitcher right now if the game goes like 15 innings or something like that.

Hopefully Danks shows well in about his first 4-5 starts back and the organization can feel comfortable dealing Axelrod. Like I've said, I think you can get some valuable relievers for him, which is something the bullpen sorely needs, and then you can use Erik Johnson as the 6th starter moving forward.

Axelrod also has two more days of rest (3 total now) and only threw 83 pitches in that outing versus the 110+ Hector threw.

As long as he gets good movement on the cutter in the mid 80's, he should be okay.

Obviously, you'd like to see the fastball 90-93 instead of 86-89, though. Hopefully he'll get that back over time.

Otherwise, he's going to have less of a margin of error...unless he can get that slurveball to be more effective in the 72-75 range.

Not bad for a guy who signed as an 18th round draft pick for $1000. Hawk compared him to Erik Johnson....said EJ was a tick slower with his fastball probably.

Gives you an idea of where Axelrod and Santiago (or Buehrle, for that matter) came from...in terms of obscurity.

Edited by caulfield12

Dear Dan Hayes:

Pay attention to what Hahn said today...they were ahead of schedule and now they're back to their original 6 week time frame.

Nobody ever said anything about 8 weeks.

Notice in their comparisons of the Marlins to the 29th place teams in MLB for offensive categories they didn't note how many times that was the White Sox right ahead of Miami, lol.

Edited by caulfield12