Where is Phegley?

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 28, 2013 -> 10:35 AM)
ROFL, If you don't know already, I can't help you.

So no surprise, no answer. For a guy who asks for specifics, you certainly provide none. You asked me about free agent hitters. You were answered. I asked about the free agent pitcher you would sign to replace Peavy in your plan, you, no surprise, had no response. Now this. No answer. Trying to spin it like if anyone doesn't know they are dumb and you're the smart one. Nice try. People are finally seeing you for what you are.

You must be just trolling.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 28, 2013 -> 10:40 AM)
So no surprise, no answer. For a guy who asks for specifics, you certainly provide none. You asked me about free agent hitters. You were answered. I asked about the free agent pitcher you would sign to replace Peavy in your plan, you, no surprise, had no response. Now this. No answer. Trying to spin it like if anyone doesn't know they are dumb and you're the smart one. Nice try. People are finally seeing you for what you are.

You must be just trolling.

ROFL, you go ahead and wait on Nate Jones and Tyler Flowers. "Look, we developed a mop up man and a backup catcher, hoorray for us!"

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 28, 2013 -> 11:50 AM)
ROFL, you go ahead and wait on Nate Jones and Tyler Flowers. "Look, we developed a mop up man and a backup catcher, hoorray for us!"

Because when I see a guy whose average fastball clocks 97 mph, I know I always think "mop-up man".

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 28, 2013 -> 10:50 AM)

Nice no answer again. But once again, a couple of guys struggling, Marty is in his Soxtalk glory. When they go on a roll, Marty doesn't post at all. He loves when the White Sox suck.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 28, 2013 -> 10:52 AM)
Because when I see a guy whose average fastball clocks 97 mph, I know I always think "mop-up man".

When I see a guy who put up marginal numbers in his minor league career and is 27, I'm not going to wait for him. If you miss on Nate Jones the world will not end.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 28, 2013 -> 10:53 AM)
Nice no answer again. But once again, a couple of guys struggling, Marty is in his Soxtalk glory. When they go on a roll, Marty doesn't post at all. He loves when the White Sox suck.

ROFL, believe what you want to believe Dick Allen. My position on this team's players has been made very clear whether I post every day or not.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ May 28, 2013 -> 10:59 AM)
Maybe you don't wait on Flowers much longer, but you definitely wait for and work with Jones.

Nate Jones realistic ceiling is a 6th-7th inning guy. Send him down and when he shows he can get someone out again bring him back up. He has no business on a ML roster right now.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 28, 2013 -> 11:15 AM)
Nate Jones realistic ceiling is a 6th-7th inning guy. Send him down and when he shows he can get someone out again bring him back up. He has no business on a ML roster right now.

And replace him with who? Who down in the minors right now could fill his spot?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 28, 2013 -> 10:52 AM)

lol no s***. He has excellent, excellent stuff. His ceiling is absolutely sky high and all we are trying to get out of him is a set-up man. With that said, I think he is near a trip to AAA. He just needs some low pressure opportunities to use all of his pitches and get into a groove again.

Worth noting that his FIP is in the 3.5 range, which is very curious.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 28, 2013 -> 11:49 AM)
You know Marty is trolling right? Dont take the bait.

Trolling or asking a serious question about a player? Jones has been brutal this year. He was great last year, but this is a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately league. And right now, Jones does not have the control of any of his pitches right now to be a valuable MLB asset. I obviously disagree about his ceiling being in the 6th or 7th because he has two potential plus-pitches if his command is right, but I think it is a legit question.

Ramon Troncoso who has walked four batters in 20 innings at AAA with a 1.35 ERA seems like a possible replacement. Clearly, there are things Jones needs to work on to get back to being a solid member of the bullpen. Perhaps, the best course is AAA or maybe it is leave him in the bullpen and hope Coop/Thigpen can work with him. But I don't think it is trolling to suggest a reliever with a 7.04 ERA and a -0.9 WAR could use some AAA time.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ May 28, 2013 -> 10:05 AM)
So teams should never try to develop players, right? They should just go out and get players that can perform now, and never worry about the future. Sure, makes sense.

This organization is bad at it. You should also draft guys that have such things like fundamentals down. Also stop drafting football players to play baseball.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 28, 2013 -> 09:00 AM)
ROFL, believe what you want to believe Dick Allen. My position on this team's players has been made very clear whether I post every day or not.

It's so easy to say this guy sucks ,trade this guy, send this guy down but unless you're willing to say who to replace them with you have no argument at all .When the replacements don't work out the cycle starts all over again. Trade him send him down they suck. Generic answers like get position player prospects doesn't help. What kind of team are you building ? Speed , OBP, Power ? What positions player prospects are you looking for ? SS? Corner infielders ? Catchers ? Outfielders ? Current Major leaguers ? ML ready ? AA ? AAA? If you can specify you can narrow the list and come up with a few suggestions.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 28, 2013 -> 12:02 PM)
It's so easy to say this guy sucks ,trade this guy, send this guy down but unless you're willing to say who to replace them with you have no argument at all .When the replacements don't work out the cycle starts all over again. Trade him send him down they suck. Generic answers like get position player prospects doesn't help. What kind of team are you building ? Speed , OBP, Power ? What positions player prospects are you looking for ? SS? Corner infielders ? Catchers ? Outfielders ? Current Major leaguers ? ML ready ? AA ? AAA? If you can specify you can narrow the list and come up with a few suggestions.

When the players are as bad as Flowers and Jones, the who replaces isn't the primary concern.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 28, 2013 -> 10:06 AM)
When the players are as bad as Flowers and Jones, the who replaces isn't the primary concern.

It is if you are rebuilding. There is no position in a baseball front office called 1/2 GM. If you want to play GM and rebuild finish the job.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 28, 2013 -> 06:06 PM)
when the players are as bad as Flowers and Jones, the who replaces isn't the primary concern.

Yep. We are talking about some of the worst players in all of MLB. Surprised to see anyone defend their roster spots.

As for Phegley, he doesn't seem to be much of a prospect. We should probably not worry about his service time, lack of track record, or rushing him. At best we ride his hot bat for awhile and go from there. At worst, he is as bad as Flowers and it doesn't matter anyways. We move on and try to solve our catching woes.

Did anyone expect Flowers to be better than what we had last season? The difference between veterans and guys coming up is you generally know what to expect from the veteran. If Flowers is healthy, he's got the job for the summer. I'm hoping to see some signs of hope.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 28, 2013 -> 10:16 AM)
Yep. We are talking about some of the worst players in all of MLB. Surprised to see anyone defend their roster spots.

As for Phegley, he doesn't seem to be much of a prospect. We should probably not worry about his service time, lack of track record, or rushing him. At best we ride his hot bat for awhile and go from there. At worst, he is as bad as Flowers and it doesn't matter anyways. We move on and try to solve our catching woes.

I have been suggesting Gimenez get more playing time for a few weeks now and apparently you don't want Santiago or Jones in the bullpen . So you must expect the starters to go 9 innings every game or don''t care if the Sox lose games after the starters go 7 or 8 quality innings. Or you expect their miracle replacements to magically appear and make the pen better.