NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 31, 2013 -> 03:12 PM)
Jesus, I don't even follow basketball that much, but the Bulls FO is just totally f***ing incompetent.

They're the most stale front office in all of sports. No creativity, ultra conservative, and extremely clingy to home-grown talent.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 31, 2013 -> 10:50 AM)

From the 28th...

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 28, 2013 -> 11:19 AM)
Crackpot idea...

Should the Bulls trade for Andrew Bynum knowing his contract expires after next season.

They might be able to get a pick to take him of Cleveland's hands.

It's Jerry's money. If he demands that we only trade Deng to bring talent to the club, then so be it. If we can't trade Deng for talent and Jerry doesn't care about wasting money, that's his prerogative

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 11:24 AM)
It's Jerry's money. If he demands that we only trade Deng to bring talent to the club, then so be it. If we can't trade Deng for talent and Jerry doesn't care about wasting money, that's his prerogative

F*ck that. Jerry Reinsdorf would NEVER make such a demand. This is on Garpax.

I think the part killing me right now is them saying "We want to re-sign Deng, but if someone comes at us with a player and a pick" and then I'm all like "so there's a chance!" even though I know it isn't going to happen, and we'll for some reason pay the repeater tax, end up with 16th overall pick, and re-sign Deng to an expensive deal, and will be watching the equivalent of the 09 pistons for the next few years.

Former bulls assistant Ron Adams talked to KC a bit about being let go.

"It's still a bit mystifying to me," Adams said. "And I don't understand it. And if the intent was to be hurtful to me and my family, it succeeded."

The Tribune reported in June that Forman took exception to Adams voicing displeasure over certain personnel moves. Adams confirmed this, saying he was told he "made a disparaging remark about the organization outside the walls of the Berto Center."

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 09:17 PM)
Can somebody explain to me the horror that is Anthony Bennett? I mean wtf. This is worse than Kwame Brown, Olawacandi, etc.

They used the #1 pick on a 'tweener that was expected to go around #8 in a terrible draft. It didn't help that he was out of shape to start the year and they didn't really have room for him in their frontcourt.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 07:32 PM)
Damn it Bulls, stop winning.

This is why all of you tank fans are being foolish. This is a playoff team and they aren't going to get a top 10 pick. Not going to happen, not in the East. This is probably the 4th best team in the East, possibly the 3rd if everyone but Rose is healthy. I am not saying they are good but in the East they are.

I also don't get the excitement of moving Deng for Bynum other then Bulls save some money this year. They aren't any better off next year or at least I don't think they are. I don't think Cleveland is going to hand over a 1st round pick too.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 3, 2014 -> 03:17 AM)
Can somebody explain to me the horror that is Anthony Bennett? I mean wtf. This is worse than Kwame Brown, Olawacandi, etc.

Kwame Brown and Olawacandi at least made way more sense. Also they don't care at your mocking since they made probably close to 60 mill between em.