NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 06:21 PM)
everyone knows it comes to money for Melo. If he feels like he needs the Max, then he needs to accept that he probably wont be winning a championship any time soon.

I know this is true but also know that I'm going to be convincing myself that there's a chance up until the obvious happens.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 12:28 PM)
I know this is true but also know that I'm going to be convincing myself that there's a chance up until the obvious happens.

I cant imagine Melo has really enjoyed his time in new york. He has one good season sandwiched between two mediocre and miserable seasons. I think there is a chance, but Melo will have to want it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 07:10 PM)
I cant imagine Melo has really enjoyed his time in new york. He has one good season sandwiched between two mediocre and miserable seasons. I think there is a chance, but Melo will have to want it.

I think there's probably an amazing feeling to being the top player in NYC, after having gone to school in New York and the Big East. It's a great basketball city.

Now he'd be going to a place with a coach that demands defense, he'd be making less than the superstar there, and generally being a role player. And the weather sucks.

Seeing how Korver has taken off post Chicago makes me wonder how much we sacrificed trying to make Kyle passable on D. He lost a lot of energy I'm guessing and his 3pt game suffered in playoffs when D takes over. It makes you appreciate how Lebron can be so dominant on both ends. That takes a ton of energy.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 02:40 PM)
Now he'd be going to a place with a coach that demands defense, he'd be making less than the superstar there, and generally being a role player. And the weather sucks.

Melo would be a superstar in Chicago IMHO.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 03:34 PM)
Melo would be a superstar in Chicago IMHO.

I agree. And he has that Jumpman contract, im sure Nike wouldnt mind pushing that in the city where Jumpman started

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 03:43 PM)
I was going to reply with every NBA city. But hopefully you get the point.

Carmelo Anthony is an NBA superstar.

I think you were pushing it with Milwaukee

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 10:39 PM)
I agree. And he has that Jumpman contract, im sure Nike wouldnt mind pushing that in the city where Jumpman started

Yeah, maybe poor choice of words here, but more that with Rose and it being Rose's hometown, I don't think Melo would be the #1 guy.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 04:05 PM)
Yeah, maybe poor choice of words here, but more that with Rose and it being Rose's hometown, I don't think Melo would be the #1 guy.

Sure hasn't effected Wade.

If Noah is recruiting him, then Noah thinks he's a winner.

Sign and trade is a possibility, though it would either mean the trade of a player like Butler/Gibson or a completely f***ed up cap situation that was finally getting manageable.

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 12:39 AM)
Sign and trade is a possibility, though it would either mean the trade of a player like Butler/Gibson or a completely f***ed up cap situation that was finally getting manageable.

If they're actually under the tax this year, they avoid the multi-year penalty the next season or two and save a ton of money.

But yes, I can't see any way they can pull it off without moving Gibson for space.

I'm fine with Taj going as long as it brings in Mirotic.

The bulls will take a hit on defense, but finally will have legit spread the floor options, not just one three pointer guy that they've been trying to run with for 4 years.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 12:03 AM)
Sure hasn't effected Wade.

If Noah is recruiting him, then Noah thinks he's a winner.

Wade didn't leave to be a #2, he stayed on his team.

Here's what happens if Melo wants Chicago.

Knicks S&T him to Chicago for Boozer, the Charlotte Pick, the 2015 Bulls Pick + Cleveland Swap, the Sacramento Pick, and the Bulls 2017 pick. That gives them the best possibility of tanking and then using the Bulls picks to build around any studs they may draft. Bulls may get a 3rd team like Philly involved to take Boozer (keeps them above the salary floor, doesn't harm the tank).

Knicks don't want to deal with Chicago. Bulls trade Taj for a 1st round pick and cap space, amnesty Booz, sign Melo outright.

Or Melo signs with the Lakers outright.

The point is if Melo wants out, the best route for the Knicks is to deal with the Bulls and get picks.

Hopefully the first option happens and you roll with a front six of Rose-Butler-Melo-Mirotic-Noah-Taj coached by Thibs. That team can dethrone the Heat.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 10:23 AM)
Derrick Rose has played like 3 games in the past 900 days. Anthony would absolutely be the #1 superstar in Chicago.

Emphatically this. Rose would be the third best player on the team behind Melo and Joakim until he shows me something.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 03:46 PM)
Emphatically this. Rose would be the third best player on the team behind Melo and Joakim until he shows me something.

The Joakim Noah role we are seeing in his current form is not the Joakim Noah role that we would see along side Melo or Rose.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 03:57 PM)
The Joakim Noah role we are seeing in his current form is not the Joakim Noah role that we would see along side Melo or Rose.

He's still been an All-Star two straight years while Derrick Rose has been rehabbing with grandmothers. Obviously will Melo and Rose on the team he wouldn't sniff the usage nor the dimes he's got right now.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 03:57 PM)

It just allows him to go back to expending all of his energy on the defensive and rebounding parts of the game. There is nothing wrong with that.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 04:03 PM)
If you give me Noah, Melo and Rose I don't give a f*** about who is #1, who is #2, and who is #3.

Well. Yes. This.

Add to that Jimmy just focusing on defense at the 2, and my-oh-my. PF won't even matter.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 04:10 PM)
Well. Yes. This.

Add to that Jimmy just focusing on defense at the 2, and my-oh-my. PF won't even matter.

s***, at PF you still get one of Mirotic or Taj.

It'd be nice and pretty.