NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 18, 2013 -> 11:49 PM)
You really don't follow the Bulls anymore.

The Heat are 9-0 against the east since the Decision. They've taken down the #1 defensive team ('11 Bulls, '12 Celtics, '13 Pacers) the last three years. These big/physical defensive-centric teams don't bother them. The only difference between the Bulls of '11 and the current team (aside from this year's bench being weaker) is a roleplayer who put up decent stats only because he was literally playing the whole game.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 18, 2013 -> 11:56 PM)
LeBron calls out KG/Pierce for leaving Boston after they criticized Ray Allen for leaving

Yes LeBron, KG and Pierce "left" Boston. They really wanted to go. They and their coach were forced out, perhaps because guys like Ray didn't want to stay

I actually agree with Lebron here. Ray Allen left because he saw that there was a significant rebuild on the way in Boston, and KG and Pierce treated him like s***. One year later Rivers moves on to the Clippers and KG waives his no trade clause to get out with Pierce and they want to act like it is no big deal. Hell, KG forced his way out of Minnesota so he could chase rings, so it isn't even the first time he did it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 07:58 AM)
I actually agree with Lebron here. Ray Allen left because he saw that there was a significant rebuild on the way in Boston, and KG and Pierce treated him like s***. One year later Rivers moves on to the Clippers and KG waives his no trade clause to get out with Pierce and they want to act like it is no big deal. Hell, KG forced his way out of Minnesota so he could chase rings, so it isn't even the first time he did it.

This.

No need to argue with J4L as it will be decided on the court but I do find it hilarious that he refuses to acknowledge the Butler/Granger upgrades for the Bulls and Pacers.

I still believe this is the Bulls year. If they're healthy come playoff time, they're the best team in basketball IMO.

KG is such an ass, no surprise there.

Ray Allen left because he didn't get along with Rondo, and Doc nor Danny came to him first when trying to resign both him and KG. He also was pissed that Doc was going to bring him off the bench for Avery Bradley. Ray Allen was butthurt. Ray Allen is a top 5 all time favorite player for me, but I'm going to call a spade a spade. He ended up with Miami to stick it to Boston. The Clippers wanted him and were offering a starting spot last year, but he declined to take less cash in Miami and to come off the bench.

Rivers did move to the Clippers because the Celtics were rebuilding and he wanted no parts of that. He knows how that went in Orlando and again in Boston before the Big 3. People were calling for his head before the Big 3 got there and they won a chip. So he decided he wanted to go to a team entering or in its prime and ready to contend. That's the Clippers. Pierce wanted to finish his career in Boston. He had no problems playing for a bad team, or with Rondo. He wanted to finish his career there and play out his contract. Danny didn't want that because he felt like they could get some assets for him and they wanted to build towards the future. Keeping Pierce would further delay that.

KG wanted to be with Doc and Pierce. When the trade with the Clippers didn't come through, he took the Nets because he would be with Pierce. If Pierce would've been the only one dealt, KG probably would've retired.

Last, but not least, KG did not force his way out of Minny. He wanted to stay there. When he finally realized he wasn't going to win a chip there, he still didn't want to go to Boston because he heard it was a racist city. It wasn't until Boston acquired Ray Allen and then be recruited by Doc, Pierce and Ray, did he accept Boston as a reality.

Don't believe me, here's the article even stating he didn't want to leave Minny until he found that they were trying to trade him anywhere.

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2954127

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 09:14 AM)
No need to argue with J4L as it will be decided on the court but I do find it hilarious that he refuses to acknowledge the Butler/Granger upgrades for the Bulls and Pacers.

I still believe this is the Bulls year. If they're healthy come playoff time, they're the best team in basketball IMO.

I hope it's the Bulls' time, but I doubt it. I agree with J4L. You can have a deep team, but you have a better chance of success with at least 2 superstars. You can only put 5 men out there. So in the end, the Bulls can have a better overall bench than Miami, but when it counts, they're going to put LeBron, Wade, Bosh all out there and they're going to score. You can only put Rose out there and they can trap him right away. Also, keep in mind, with a team like the Bulls, you heavily depend on health, because everyone is a bigger contributor than being a role player with Miami. If Hinrich is out, it hurts the Bulls alot more than if Chalmers is injured. If Taj is out, it hurts the Bulls alot more than if Haslem is injured.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 09:54 AM)
Ah, Espn said it so it must be true.

Bottom line, Ray did what was best for Ray, KG did why was best for KG. KG should stop losing numbers and stop b****ing about Ray.

It was reported widely that KG was extremely loyal to Minny and didn't want to leave. ESPN happens to have their archives deeper than a lot of websites. Me thinks though, that you would have an issue if Woj/Yahoo was used as the source or some other media outlet.

Ray was hypocritical in that he didn't want to come off the bench, still wanted to be seen as a star of the team, and didn't want to take a huge paycut, but still ended up doing all 3 to stick it to Boston.

KG was convinced he could have at least one more crack in Brooklyn for a 'chip with his brother, Pierce.

Pierce accepted a trade because he wanted to play basketball more than he wanted to retire a Celtic.

Last, but not least, LeBron is the one who brought up KG and Pierce, to which KG responded.

Since you didn't like the last source, here's Michael Hurd from Yahoo!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Ga...e?urn=nba,28987

Minnesota Timberwolves star forward Kevin Garnett dismissed the notion that he would try and escape Minnesota for a ready-made championship team. He has played his entire 12-year career in Minnesota, and he dismissed the notion that he would try and force a trade to a playoff-caliber team.

"People always expect that because, number one, it sells papers," Garnett said. "Let's keep it real. The (salary cap) dollars are there. When you are dealing with the kids who came to the NBA from high school we take pride in the opportunity we have been given. (Lakers' star) Kobe (Bryant) has been fortunate to stay in L.A., and hopefully (Cleveland's) LeBron (James) will be fortunate to stay where he is. Hopefully, I can stay here and make this right."

Edited by nitetrain8601

I know who brought it up. And I agree with Lebron, still.

Why should I believe Garnett? You think he is gonna come out and say "yea I forced a trade to a contender."? Of course he is going to say he wanted to finish his career in Minnesota, he has an image he needs to maintain. But he could see he wasn't gonna win a chip in Minnesota so of course he would go along with a trade to Boston.

It's very funny to me that you are painting KG as this uber loyal guy that "just wants to play" and Ray Allen as this mercenary type that is chasing rings and just wants to stick it to Boston.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 10:07 AM)
I know who brought it up. And I agree with Lebron, still.

Why should I believe Garnett? You think he is gonna come out and say "yea I forced a trade to a contender."? Of course he is going to say he wanted to finish his career in Minnesota, he has an image he needs to maintain. But he could see he wasn't gonna win a chip in Minnesota so of course he would go along with a trade to Boston.

I don't agree with Bron being the one to bring it up. If Ray has a problem, then he should bring it up. LeBron's acting like Ray's older brother trying to protect him.

And those quotes were before Garnett got traded. Everyone knew he was loyal. If you can't accept that, I don't know what to say. I've provided articles showing he didn't want to leave Minny, quotes showing he didn't even want to go to Boston, but at this point, there's nothing else I could do.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 10:38 AM)
And those quotes were before Garnett got traded. Everyone knew he was loyal. If you can't accept that, I don't know what to say. I've provided articles showing he didn't want to leave Minny, quotes showing he didn't even want to go to Boston, but at this point, there's nothing else I could do.

Absolutely. Garnett is alot of things (I or anyone else, especially people who've been around him can say alot of things about him....) but one thing I will say is the man was definitely loyal to Minny.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 12:38 PM)
Absolutely. Garnett is alot of things (I or anyone else, especially people who've been around him can say alot of things about him....) but one thing I will say is the man was definitely loyal to Minny.

Exactly. I don't like neither him nor LeBron really, but I will say, Loyalty is the last thing you should question him on.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 09:52 AM)
I hope it's the Bulls' time, but I doubt it. I agree with J4L. You can have a deep team, but you have a better chance of success with at least 2 superstars. You can only put 5 men out there. So in the end, the Bulls can have a better overall bench than Miami, but when it counts, they're going to put LeBron, Wade, Bosh all out there and they're going to score. You can only put Rose out there and they can trap him right away. Also, keep in mind, with a team like the Bulls, you heavily depend on health, because everyone is a bigger contributor than being a role player with Miami. If Hinrich is out, it hurts the Bulls alot more than if Chalmers is injured. If Taj is out, it hurts the Bulls alot more than if Haslem is injured.

And I'm comfortable saying the Heat are much worse off with LeBron injured than the Bulls are with Derrick injured. Same with the rest of the Other Two and the next two best Bulls, whoever they may be

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 07:26 PM)
And I'm comfortable saying the Heat are much worse off with LeBron injured than the Bulls are with Derrick injured. Same with the rest of the Other Two and the next two best Bulls, whoever they may be

Whoever they are, I'm pretty sure they actually are injured right now.

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 06:26 PM)

And I'm comfortable saying, the entire Bulls team has a better chance of staying completely healthy, than LeBron suffering a season ending injury. And I'd take an injured LeBron over any healthy player on our team outside of Rose.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 11:44 PM)
And I'm comfortable saying, the entire Bulls team has a better chance of staying completely healthy, than LeBron suffering a season ending injury. And I'd take an injured LeBron over any healthy player on our team outside of Rose.

That injury would have to be REALLY bad. Somethin' like a back injury '98 Pippen style. 85% of LeBron is still better than Rose.