NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 11, 2013 -> 08:45 AM)
It's a team with slow and old players run by a rookie head coach who is going to want to run, run, run. It's a perfect recipe for poor defense, fatigue, and injuries. Hell, the Knicks might be better. If you want to talk about a team that can space the floor and drill it from 3, that is the team that can do it. And they still get rolled by the Heat.

I just don't think Pierce and Garnett are a good fit schematically on that team. Take those 2 (and Terry, I guess) away from the Nets, and you are looking at a team that suffered a 1st round loss to a rather pedestrian Bulls team, yet suddenly, yet somehow Old Man Pierce and Denture Adventure Garnett are going to push them into a top 3 team in the league? You're crazy.

Ugh, the Knicks. I'm sorry, you're just not a threat when your 2-4 scorers in some order are JR Smith, Andrea Bargnani and Ray Felton. It's not like they play any D outside of Chandler and Shumpert either (well, I guess Artest in the right matchups). I'd guess under 50 wins for the Knicks if the East wasn't complete trash below #5.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 16, 2013 -> 08:30 PM)
The fun is finally back. Embrace it. This season is going to be extremely fun.

Talk to me about that when I'm sitting at a bar in Denver on October 29 before the MIT/caltech party. Until then I'm still pissed. I do still have a Bulls hat to wear though.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 16, 2013 -> 07:35 PM)
“@CSNBullsInsider: Thibs going with Marquis and Kirk together in the backcourt for Derrick and Dunleavy, Nazr for Jo.”

Interesting backcourt pairing, I know Jimmy's out but I wonder if that'll show up in the rotation.

There's Balta. Welcome back. Bulls are winning it all.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 16, 2013 -> 07:52 PM)
Any impressions of Snell for anyone watching? Twitter says just made his first 3.

He's getting more confident each preseason game. I loved the pick and think he'll be able to contribute right away, it just obviously depends on if Thibs will give him pt.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 16, 2013 -> 07:52 PM)
Any impressions of Snell for anyone watching? Twitter says just made his first 3.

If he plays like this the Bulls are going to be good. He's very long defensively and can shoot. He's also brought the ball up a few times.