The Wire is better than the Sopranos

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 3, 2013 -> 09:16 AM)
Show would have been perfect if it ended with Season 4. Season 5 is still really, really good, but I can't imagine being able to top Season 4's finale.

That was a great finale, but it wasn't an "ending" to the show, in any regard...they need a solid ending. I'm looking forward too it.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 3, 2013 -> 11:00 AM)
That was a great finale, but it wasn't an "ending" to the show, in any regard...they need a solid ending. I'm looking forward too it.

It was a fantastic ending to the story. Not everything needs finality and to be perfectly wrapped up.

It was originally written to work as a series finale as they weren't sure if they were going to get a fifth season at that point.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 3, 2013 -> 11:18 AM)
It was a fantastic ending to the story. Not everything needs finality and to be perfectly wrapped up.

It was originally written to work as a series finale as they weren't sure if they were going to get a fifth season at that point.

Yea I'm just going to disagree on that. When it comes to tv shows and stories, I prefer finality. It doesn't have to be perfectly wrapped up, but it needs some sort of conclusive ending....or why bother. I have real life for non finality for most things.

The end of season 4 just didn't come across as an end to me, but a beginning. Nothing was said about what happened to anyone, and without getting to Hank vs Walt, I would have felt robbed. Thankfully they recognized that and it's exactly what we're getting.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 3, 2013 -> 07:06 PM)
Where's Wallace?

So were they thinking this was only one season with that ending??

I'm f***ing addicted, that was 3 days, an entire season and I am staying home tonight to watch the second season. It really helps that I cannot drink or go to the bars, but jesus I am a "finish the whole season" junkie.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 3, 2013 -> 07:09 PM)

I'm f***ing addicted, that was 3 days, an entire season and I am staying home tonight to watch the second season. It really helps that I cannot drink or go to the bars, but jesus I am a "finish the whole season" junkie.

Not sure.

Michael B. Jordan has done some great TV between The Wire and Friday Night Lights. Even His run on Parenthood.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 4, 2013 -> 01:09 AM)

Anxious to see what you think of 2nd season. When I first watched it, it was jarring that they took on new characters (something you get used to by end of series), and I just really wanted to focus on Stringer Bell.

Then when I rewatched the series I had a new love for season 2.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 06:51 PM)
Season 4 was the season with the school system, correct? That was my fave. Followed closely by season 1. Than 3, 2, 5.

For me it's 4, 3, 1, 2 and 5.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 10:59 AM)
I started a rewatch of The Sopranos on my commute home last week. Holy crap is it dated (1999). Tony's suburban, Meadow's computer, etc.

Things that are 14 years old tend to be dated. We could say the same about all of the technology used in The Wire.

• 2 weeks later...