2013-2014 NHL thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 15, 2013 -> 09:34 AM)
Interesting to see the Hawks cut paint on Hayes and Olsen that quickly, but it is nice to get back another experienced and talented guy. You can't beat the salary pick up.

:huh:

i always thought it was "Cut Bait"

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an interesting move. Olsen and Hayes were never going to be major players for the Hawks. Clendening had surpassed Olsen as the next Rockford D up here in the eyes of many, and Hayes was too slow. I just hope Versteeg is his old self. Since leaving, he's done a whole lot of nothing and has suffered a big injury.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 15, 2013 -> 09:34 AM)
Interesting to see the Hawks cut paint on Hayes and Olsen that quickly, but it is nice to get back another experienced and talented guy. You can't beat the salary pick up.

While they both could be serviceable NHL players, I don't see either becoming a key component to a champion, plus they have some depth in the minors at forward.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Nov 15, 2013 -> 09:47 AM)
This is an interesting move. Olsen and Hayes were never going to be major players for the Hawks. Clendening had surpassed Olsen as the next Rockford D up here in the eyes of many, and Hayes was too slow. I just hope Versteeg is his old self. Since leaving, he's done a whole lot of nothing and has suffered a big injury.

Yeah, it seems like he's still not fully recovered from the knee injury, but the good thing is he doesn't have to be a game changer. Just nice added depth & experience on the 3rd line most likely.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 15, 2013 -> 09:50 AM)
Yeah, it seems like he's still not fully recovered from the knee injury, but the good thing is he doesn't have to be a game changer. Just nice added depth & experience on the 3rd line most likely.

He needs to be what Stalberg was essentially.

I liked Hayes as a player though.

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 17, 2013 -> 01:15 PM)
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blackhawks...altender-raanta

Raanta recalled, Khabibulin has lower body injury of unknown severity

By his reaction on that play, I'd guess it was a pretty nice groin tear. He wouldn't even kick out his leg on the rebound attempt.

Saad had just an awesome game. That kid is just oozing with talent. One of the best/most creative playmakers we have on this team. He doesn't score a ton, but he is so great at setting up scoring chances either with smart or slick passing, or his ability to stick with a play for so long. I hope he wears this sweater for a long, long time.

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 17, 2013 -> 01:15 PM)
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blackhawks...altender-raanta

Raanta recalled, Khabibulin has lower body injury of unknown severity

I'd say that's most likely a "career-ending" injury for Khabi. Makes it easy on the Hawks that they don't have to make a tough decision with him since he obviously was done for. Just keep him on IR for the rest of the season.

http://committedindians.com/blackhawks-sign-ryan-hartman/

Blackhawks Sign Ryan Hartman

Posted on November 18, 2013 by Tab Bamford

On Monday morning, the Blackhawks announced that they have agreed to terms with forward Ryan Hartman on a three-year, entry-level contract.

Hartman was the Hawks’ first round selection (30th overall) in the 2013 NHL Draft, and is currently playing with the Plymouth Whalers in the OHL.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 18, 2013 -> 02:02 PM)
Chicago Tribune

87 years ago yesterday, on Nov. 17, 1926, the Blackhawks played their first game in Chicago. In this photo, new team members were ready for action when the Hawks opened their season against the New York Americans at Chicago Stadium in 1937.

Photo or it never happened...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 18, 2013 -> 02:02 PM)
Chicago Tribune

87 years ago yesterday, on Nov. 17, 1926, the Blackhawks played their first game in Chicago. In this photo, new team members were ready for action when the Hawks opened their season against the New York Americans at Chicago Stadium in 1937.

Who posts a tweet that's all about a photo, and neither posts the photo nor the link to the tweet.

1,000,000 posts and a fail like this!?! How dare you.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 19, 2013 -> 10:27 AM)
Who posts a tweet that's all about a photo, and neither posts the photo nor the link to the tweet.

1,000,000 posts and a fail like this!?! How dare you.

This is clearly one of your pet peeves :)

If Bickell's injury is serious, might be a blessing for Morin to finally stick (and Hawks management for extra cap space if he goes on IR). Hopefully it isn't, but I'm more worried about Hossa and his lower body. *cough.. back...cough* Anything but Brookbank as a forward please.